Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry; What Do You Carry on a Daily Basis?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Concealed Carry; What Do You Carry on a Daily Basis?

I'm sorta new to carrying daily. I've taken my class over a year ago, and just recently started carrying daily. I used to only carry when I would go into the high crime areas, or nights. Some recent events and articles I've read changed my thinking. So Anyways....

I typically wear jeans and a shirt (plus fleece pull over, jacket, coat depending on weather). In warmer weather its normally shorts and a shirt for me. Pocket wise, I typically have 4-5 pockets, 6 if the shorts are cargos. So with that being said, I carry a Glock 27 IWB style on my right side. During the day that's mostly what I carry when I go out and about. I've thought about carrying an extra mag, but that only works with some of the pants I have and shorts, but not all. Where do you manage to put other things like mags, lights, etc... without having it all hang from your belt or have stuffed bulging pockets?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm surprised we don't have one of these threads already lol. I carry a Kimber compact (officer frame with commander slide.) IWB at 4 o'clock with shirt worn over it. Thin and perfect.
    Last edited by The M; 11-19-13 at 11:45.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Shield 9mm in Guardian Concealment IWB Holster with spare mag in a KytexGear holster on my opposite hip.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Glock 27 with skyline carry clip and a saf-t-blok. Can't even tell I'm carrying, can even carry with basketball shorts on.
    Last edited by Wolfhound86; 11-19-13 at 12:20.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I did find a use for this little pocket today. I'm surprised I've never thought of it before now.
    Last edited by TacticalSledgehammer; 11-19-13 at 12:29.

Feedback Score
    1911 5" .45 in a Milt Sparks VM2 and a 5.11 belt.

Sent from my GS3

Feedback Score
    I carry my PPQ with TLR-1s on my strong side hip and a spare mag in a mag holder on my weak side. I have a pocket knife and small Streamlight ProTac 1L light in my pocket.

Pockets can work for a spare mag, but if you're going to carry your spare mag in a pocket, train with it there. I've seen many guys run their spare mags in a mag holder on their belt while at the range or training class, but then put it in a pocket when they are out and about. It can be hard to get a mag out of a tight pocket under stress, so just make sure you train how you carry, and then do whatever is most efficient for you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I carry my PPQ with TLR-1s on my strong side hip and a spare mag in a mag holder on my weak side. I have a pocket knife and small Streamlight ProTac 1L light in my pocket.

Pockets can work for a spare mag, but if you're going to carry your spare mag in a pocket, train with it there. I've seen many guys run their spare mags in a mag holder on their belt while at the range or training class, but then put it in a pocket when they are out and about. It can be hard to get a mag out of a tight pocket under stress, so just make sure you train how you carry, and then do whatever is most efficient for you.
    I agree with the pocket statement. Right now it's all I have, so I'm making due. The pic I snapped is my right side but looks like my left. If this small pocket were on my left side it would be ideal. The mag sticks up in a ready to grab position. I plan on practicing until I get something else (mag holsters, etc...)

Feedback Score
    I mostly carry a G23 in an IWB Bianchi Model 100 in tan, at about 3oclock. When I carry a spare mag I carry it on the belt in a holder. I don't ever put mags in pockets because they're so hard to get to.

I also carry an LC9. I carry it out to the car in a small bag and put it either between the seat and console or in the console when I go in to work. We can't carry there, so have to leave it in the car. Otherwise, I carry it in an IWB w/metal clip at 3oclock.

I sometimes carry my 1911. Again, IWB at 3oclock. Maybe 4oclock on that one...it's pretty big.

When I first started carrying I found even thick sturdy belts to be uncomfortable. I went to suspenders for most of the time. I still wear suspenders some times, but have become more comfortable with just a belt. Suspenders require less hitching up of the pants, but I've become more comfortable with a slightly sagging and out of position right side.
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    I carry a 2nd gen g19, in a Raven IWB, or vg2. Spare g17 mag in my left front pocket, with a protac 2l. Carried everyday 12-15hrs. a day.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast