Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry; What Do You Carry on a Daily Basis?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    P30SK in a OWB Galco leather.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    In Hungary..I carry my surefire krank, Kimber pepper blaster II with a light and tactical pen....light is the Edc ultra defense led.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prdubi View Post
    In Hungary..I carry my surefire krank, Kimber pepper blaster II with a light and tactical pen....light is the Edc ultra defense led.

Wait... Your EDC is a gun that shoots OC projectiles poorly? Is that a law in your country?
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Waiting for my ccw.....still....but I've used it before and it does well.
    When ccw approved...it will be a PA63 in 9x18 with hollow points.

Back in the states....

It's a g26 along with the same regular edc stuff.

I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    I'm 5'7" 125 lbs carry Smith wesson 1911 PD in a Com tac Minataur OWB usually under a loose fitting T or sweat shirt/fleece at 4 oclock with spare mag on opposite side, flash light and knife in pockets cargo pants

I'm in the construction industry hence the light & knife mainly for utility reasons.

Here some thing I've realized most people are oblivious to concealed firearms even poorly concealed ones,
    Most of the people I interact with on a daily basis are in to firearms, red neck construction workers, wealthy clients., even some of the LEO I've interacted in an unofficial capacity never noticed,

I had one LEO approach me at a construction site about a near by vehicle accident asking about witness etc. some time during our interaction I stated ( Oh, as a professional courtesy I do have a weapon on me) Him really? where ? Me right side.. Him Okay thanks.. Back to discussion near by accident..

Most people notice what they want to and ignore everything else, such as the tape measure i'm usually carrying or the pocket knife next to it but never the gun under the clothing

In my brief time of carrying 7 years give or take, I finally had someone stare at me and ask one his co workers If I had a gun.

Was it a Gun Nut or Anti gun left wing liberal type? Nope

It was a Non English Speaking Construction Laborer from El Salvador....

Because in His world He's constantly looking for people that are "Out to get Him" so to speak

Feedback Score
    Well after several weeks of proving out and carrying the Beretta 92 Compact L I'm back to the Glock 19.

Nothing wrong with the Beretta, but despite my efforts I shoot better with the Glock. During slow fire, the Beretta was more accurate (By a little) at all ranges out to 25 yds. I don't know if it was the gun design or just the fact that it was new and the Glock has 11K plus rounds though it. Probably just the newness.

The problem was even with the "D" trigger main spring and Wolf trigger return spring the DA pull is looong. It was NOT bad but my Ruger LCR has a better DA trigger. The result was a first shot that was MUCH slower (double the time) than from the Glock after the draw.

The SA Beretta trigger was certainly better than the Glock but this did not improve rapid-fire split times and/or accuracy as I'd hoped. It turned out my splits times and control were harmed by the higher bore axis of the Beretta. This increased muzzle rise and due to the guns extra weight (and momentum) it took a little longer for the muzzle to come back down. The result was the gun was no faster to fire for the same level of accuracy as the Glock during rapid-fire.

In addition, I had two occasions of the safety being activated while carrying/holstering during CC. One time I heard a "click" and checked, the other time I did not and noticed it later. I developed a habit of checking by feel (not in public view) to be sure it was not activated. I'd recommend anyone getting a DA/SA pistol get one without a manual safety or at least a low-profile one. (Wilson Combat makes a low-profile safety)

I never had the safety get knocked onto "safe" back when I carried a Makarov...

Anyway I plan to sell/trade the Beretta. Too bad it's a beautiful, reliable pistol and I sure like looking at it.
    Last edited by Ron3; 12-13-15 at 23:33.

Feedback Score
    Always interesting to see what everybody carries. Myself, its usually a G26 with 10-8 sights, G19 mag as a reload. Raven Phantom outside the waistband, but when its warmer I'll stash it in a HSP INCOG. I still sometimes carry my full size 1911, it was my duty gun as a LEO and runs like a champ.(NightHawk Custom)

Feedback Score
    Kahr P45 in a PJ iwb. Taurus TCP in a Blackhawk pocket holster. Streamlight pro-tac 1 in front left pocket and Sabre Spitfire in front right.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Tuned Sig RCS in a Garrett Industries AIWB holster all year round unless I'm wearing shorts, then I carry a P238 in a N2 holster at about 5 o'clock.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've never really carried at work before (hospital), largely because of general lack of need, and because carrying a gun while in scrubs is difficult. Now, the need is a little different, and I've found that a holster shirt (I prefer the 5.11) works well under scrubs and a white coat.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast