Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry; What Do You Carry on a Daily Basis?

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    SUMMER: G26 with g19 mag & spacer in safariland glc owb at 0300.
    Two g26 +2 mags in owb kydex at 10:00.
    Surefire Back-up run horizontilly through belt loop at 10:30.
    CRKT m-16 in right front pocket.
    Cellphone in left front pocket.
    Wallet in left rear.
    I live and work in jeans and hawaiian shirts - one of those geezer/professorial/forensic consultant types. This - in addition to being 6'5" & 290# is no problem. Never liked IWB.
    WINTER: 3XLTall carhartt T with either hawaiian or utility work shirt - usually open. G17 instead of g26, and two g17 mags. All carried on a crossbreed gunbelt.
    So - summer loadout at 40 rounds, winter at 52. Always a knife and always a light.

Crossbreed supertuck if deep conceal needed for NPE.

Works for me. YMMV
    john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    My g36 was a joy to carry but the more time I spent doing drills with it the more nervous I got about its low capacity. I was carrying two or three spare mags.

But I'd been thinking about going back to a da/sa gun for awhile now just wasn't sure which gun would be the one
    Then I shot a beretta 92 again recently and made up my mind to get a compact 92. I've found I can carry it with 18+1 and one spare mag no problem..

The old saying is something like, "if you carry less than me your not taking things seriously enough and it will get you killed. If your carrying more than me your being silly or your paranoid".
    Of course no one ever said after a gun fight "Man I wish I had less ammo". As a daily ccw living in a decent area going to the store during the day is considered "daily carry". Although if your planning on going through a rough part of town at midnight by yourself, all the extra mace, lights, patons, fixed bladed knifes would be carried in my person. The idea in my mind is to balance personal defense while not being weighed down, and clunking around with more gear than a patrolling S.W.A.T. officer. But have enough gun to "stop" someone or someone's from attacking you without being persecuted as someone looking for a fight.

Ymmv
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Depending on the weather or my current outfit, I typically carry an LCP in my front right pocket with one reload and/or a PPS with one 8 round reload in a stealthgear USA holster. Sometimes in the winter I'll bump up to my mod 1 PPQ with an extra mag.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    G19 with a G17 reload. JM Custom Kydex holster & pouch.

Feedback Score
    MP 9c in an incog appendix (cold weather ill carry full size MP9), spare full size mag in mag caddy.
    CRKT Hissatsu folder or CRKT Ignitor w/ Veff serrations in front right
    Streamlight Stylus Pro
    Long Billfold Wallet Back R
    Cell Phone front L
    Quick Clot Clotting sponge in Back L

Feedback Score
    Trp operator in a serpa, one or two mags in my left front, fixed blade at 11 and a benchmade barrage at 1. Flint and steel in my front right pocket.

The fixed blade is more for work than anything, cutting ears mainly.
    Last edited by ubet; 09-28-15 at 21:31.

Feedback Score
    H&K P2000

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    G19, sometimes in a kydex AIWB w/X300 made by a friend, sometimes in an RDR kydex IWB, and from time to time I break out the old Crossbreed Supertuck. Usually carry my fav knife, a POS lightning OTF.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    HK45c in a IWB kydex holster

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Full size 1911 with 2 spare magazines during cold weather.
    Train 2 Win

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast