Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry; What Do You Carry on a Daily Basis?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I've never really carried at work before (hospital), largely because of general lack of need, and because carrying a gun while in scrubs is difficult. Now, the need is a little different, and I've found that a holster shirt (I prefer the 5.11) works well under scrubs and a white coat.
    Off the subject but curious to know, if you were to shoot an assailant while at work, would you immediately administer live saving techniques? How does that work for doctors in a hospital?
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Off the subject but curious to know, if you were to shoot an assailant while at work, would you immediately administer live saving techniques? How does that work for doctors in a hospital?
    most likely if the threat is over. my twin is an ER doc and is illegal for him to carry! totally BS
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Lol. Doctors shall do no harm...
    Take one for the gipper.
    Every one should carry. I have a small glock for my pocket. Six shots. Enough.
    But now here in texas, I belt holster my g23 and streamlight with mag in a seperate holster on the other side.
    No longer worried about printing on shirt. I know it's probably not exactly realistic that I'll be involved in some terrorist attack, but it's a statement that I'm ready. Foolish, but it's all I can do in the face of Obama's traitors actions to put us all at risk while he plays patty cake with evil and putting us all at risk.

Feedback Score
    Glock 43 in a Wild Bill OWB pancake holster, with a spare kytex single mag carrier.
    Last edited by johnt43; 01-18-16 at 06:35. Reason: spell

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by waveslayer View Post
    most likely if the threat is over. my twin is an ER doc and is illegal for him to carry! totally BS
    "Do no harm" isn't the same thing as "just stand there and take it". As we say, "Do no harm but take no shit".

Probably most ER doctors that I know around the state are armed at work, and at least a few other physicians as well, but it's a "don't ask don't tell" kind of thing. Nobody really pays much attention to the whole issue and those that feel the need are likely to be armed no matter what the rules, but nobody sits around the doctor's lounge comparing firearms and concealment holsters.

Some private hospitals are posted against anyone carrying, but in this state public hospitals can't prohibit firearms, and even so, there's no penalty for ignoring "No Gun" signs.

Like a lot of employers, some hospitals have employment policies prohibiting employees from carrying at work. However in many or most cases physicians aren't employees of the hospital so those employment rules don't apply to them. In cases where the physician is employed, those policies are pretty much ignored as long as weapons aren't flaunted.

Operative concepts for physicians who feel that their job may put them at risk....."Don't ask, Don't tell"...and "Concealed means Concealed".

Yeah, if I shot someone at work no matter who or why, as soon as the threat was over I'd try to save their life.

Last edited by Hmac; 01-18-16 at 15:56.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    3rd Gen G26 in a hybrid IWB at 4 Oc. G17 mag in the mag pocket. G2 in the left rear clipped to the seam. CRKT 16 clipped front right. Cell in the front left.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Kahr CW9 in a Badger Concealment kydex IWB holster
    spare mag
    Jetbeam BC10 light
    Kershaw scallion knife

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Glock 43 in a Bianchi Professional 100. Once I find a holster I like, I'll start throwing my 19 into the mix as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nano 9
    On Your 6 IWB Kydex
    Spare mag
    Maratac all copper light
    Piranha Virus folder

Feedback Score
    Lately either:
    G19
    G19 with spare mag and taurus ply-25
    Or Ruger lcr357 and taurus ply-25 with spare mag