Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry; What Do You Carry on a Daily Basis?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I too carry a glock; a model 22. I keep extra mags in my truck and rucksack. I don't carry an extra mag on me unless I'm going into the woods. I carry IWB at 3 o'clock using an inexpensive holster for concealed carry and a fobus OWB kydex holster for open carry.

From my mobile phone

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Probably shouldn't even feed this particular beast, but I'll play along, anyway. Platform of choice remains a 1911.

Today it was a Harrison Custom/Colt Rail Gun (5") riding in a Ralston/5Shot Leather IBS. Spare mag in a Ralston/5Shot SSPC. Ares Gear Ranger Belt.

Cooler day, but fairly standard gray man wardrobe choice. Jeans, untucked zip Henley, dove gray leather (Bundeswehr/Luftwaffe issue) flight jacket. I don't really do the whole tactical outfit thing, preferring collared button-down shirts and Levi's for the most part. No reason to look twice, save for the fact that my ongoing medical issues leave my face pretty swollen these days. Can't really do much about that.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    M&P 9c with Trijicon HD sights
    We are the first Warrior class in any Civilization to be provided with weapons and no belief system...... Dave Smith

Feedback Score
    Glock 23 or S&W M&P 9C

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Couple of USB keys with hacking/pentest/security tools.
    $130 tacticool pen.
    Big giant cool-guy watch that is so heavy I walk with a starboard list.
    Latest Nexus 5 smartphone.
    Roguish good looks.
    Package of Chiclets.
    Ginsu pocket machete, with backup safe queen (Two is one, one is none)

That's how I roll. This after I lost all my firearms in that tragic hot air ballooning accident.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    M&P9FS

Join Gun Owners of America Here

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. - The Bodasafa

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Couple of USB keys with hacking/pentest/security tools.
    $130 tacticool pen.
    Big giant cool-guy watch that is so heavy I walk with a starboard list.
    Latest Nexus 5 smartphone.
    Roguish good looks.
    Package of Chiclets.
    Ginsu pocket machete, with backup safe queen (Two is one, one is none)

That's how I roll. This after I lost all my firearms in that tragic hot air ballooning accident.
    Lol. Chiclets. Are you a fan of the tiny gum, or is this a side job if you're near the border?

Sig 229 at 4:00 in a supertuck knock-off.

Feedback Score
    Reading this as an EDC management topic, rather than a handgun specific topic, so I'll key in on that a little.

I typically wear tshirts and cargo shorts in warm weather. In most weather, tshirt and jeans with a light jacket. In very cold weather, I switch to a heavier winter coat. For work, 4 pocket slacks allow me to keep my EDC in the same locations I keep them in when I'm off.

Left front pocket: personal keys (home, vehicle, 2 lock box keys), nothing else.

Right front pocket: Spyderco Persistence clipped to the pocket, Leatherman Juice S2 in the bottom of the pocket. Nothing else.

Left rear pocket: iPhone 5.

Right rear pocket: wallet, key card for my gun club (no logo or images on it indicating what it is)

Front left jacket pocket or left cargo pocket: hand held tac light

Front right jacket pocket: empty

Left, front-most belt loop: Fisher Space Pen 'Trekker' with my work keys attached.

I carry a Glock 19 Gen 4 at 3:30-4:00 in a Galco King Tuk holster, and a spare mag in a Blackhawk! nylon/flapped single mag pouch just behind my weak side hip.

My preference is to keep each pocket from being too cluttered. When I want something, I want to be able to get to it without hassle. That's not a tactical thing, it's just a function of understanding that I get irritated with getting things tangled, and planning ahead to avoid irritation. The most time sensitive items I carry are my pistol and phone, so I carry those in ways that allow very fast access. Similarly, I use my work keys and pen *constantly*, so I they stay out of the pockets, altogether.

I also have a UTG Tactical Organizer (Maxpedition Jumbo Versapack clone) in black, which I use as an EDC/24 hour bag. I keep a lot of useful things in it, and have definitely benefitted from having it. I don't doubt that people here would think it looks 'too tactical', but the comments I get on it are usually, "wow! Cool bag!" In the PNW, granola munchers often carry similar looking stuff, so it's not really noteworthy. In another area, I would probably use a vanilla backpack with a Maxpedition organizer in it to keep stuff tidy and gray.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    dove gray leather (Bundeswehr/Luftwaffe issue) flight jacket.
    Very classy. I've wanted one of those for a while to supplement my A2.

I've been carrying a CZ-75D PCR 9MM for 13 years, as well as a few others, but that is my main carry. It conceals well, is accurate, and reliable.

Feedback Score
    PPS40 in SHTFgear ACE-1 @ 3 o'clock. Kershaw Knockout right front pocket. iPhone in left front pocket. Wallet back right. Keys with Gerber Ridge in cargo pocket.

ACE-1 by zweitakt250, on Flickr

Kershaw by zweitakt250, on Flickr
    John

If you spend much time around the guys who really, really know their craft, and who truly live this stuff, you tend to find that they are very soft-spoken and modest -- almost to the extreme. To my mind, that is a model worthy of emulation

AC

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast