Thread: DD a1.5 roll pin/repair question

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

DD a1.5 roll pin/repair question

Hey good people of Daniel Defense! I bought a "new in box" DD a1.5 sight, and wouldn't you know it the roll pin holding the screw to the windage drum is snapped. I noticed alot of play in the sight upon delivery (along with the failure to adjust lol) and then saw the end of the pin sticking out of the drum

I know this isn't warranty or anything like that, I was wondering if you could tell me the size of the pin so I can fix the sight up. I wasn't sure if it was a standard A1 size I could order through Brownells or something different. I used my web fu but I've received some conflicting answers.

The sight wears DD code 11002 and has your emblem on the left side only if that helps identifying the parts.

Thanks so much for your awesome products, and taking the time to help out your customers.

ETA I am in contact with Jordan from DD and he is reviewing the matter!

Thank you
    Last edited by Split66; 11-20-13 at 09:18.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

"BRD, much like the Wutang clan, is nothing to f@ck with"

Feedback Score
    Contact them about it through their website.

The same person must have assembled our sights, the person that put mine together mushroomed the pin over and cracked it. The pin doesn't make it all the way through the sight now.

DD sent me 2 new pins free of charge.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Caroline from DD customer service went out of her way to take care of me. I have received an RMA for the sight from the company.

Joe, the DD rep that monitors this site was quick to respond as well.

Absolutely awesome CS.
    Last edited by Split66; 12-10-13 at 20:45.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

"BRD, much like the Wutang clan, is nothing to f@ck with"