Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MK18 MOD0

Feedback Score

MK18 MOD0

I am looking for some a lot more photos and information than is on AR15 .com ,so I can build my NAVY MK18 MOD0 clone, Please help me and give me all your help including photos and close up shots and information about the MK 18 history? and what true markings come on the right side of lower reciever?

Feedback Score
    The lower is a standard M4A1.

I don't think the upper has any unique markings besides the barrel makers mark.

I saw a lot of Navy EOD guys carrying these in Iraq. Usually painted tan. The ones the SEALs carried were usually pretty dirty, I assume they were painted also.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    militaryphotos.net has some hi-res photos of it.

The parts are pretty basic, a full auto lower with LMT SOPMOD buttstock, Dieter Sling plate, LMT 10.3 upper, LMT BUIS, KAC RAS, KAC SOPMOD supressor FH, usually Wilcox/PRI Aimpoint mount and Aimpoint Comp M2. I have seen Colt uppers, too. LMT is cheaper and generally more available.

As KevinB will tell you also, it's also NSW's new sniper rifle.

HUGE PIC... http://www.navy.mil/management/photo...-4374S-001.jpg

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru
    militaryphotos.net has some hi-res photos of it.

The parts are pretty basic, a full auto lower with LMT SOPMOD buttstock, Dieter Sling plate, LMT 10.3 upper, LMT BUIS, KAC RAS, KAC SOPMOD supressor FH, usually Wilcox/PRI Aimpoint mount and Aimpoint Comp M2. I have seen Colt uppers, too. LMT is cheaper and generally more available.

As KevinB will tell you also, it's also NSW's new sniper rifle.

HUGE PIC... http://www.navy.mil/management/photo...-4374S-001.jpg

It is hard to see from the pic, but it looks like there is a TD BG on it.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant
    It is hard to see from the pic, but it looks like there is a TD BG on it.

C4
    It's a regular KAC vert grip and (I think) an A1 pistol grip.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    When you make the picture larger you can make it out a little better it is a KAC forward grip, M16A1 Crane marked lower, Crane/LMT stock, CQD Deiter sling mount, LMT BUIS, Surefire light, KAC rail, M16A1 pistol grip, and an Aimpoint.

What Aimpoint mount is that?
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4
    When you make the picture larger you can make it out a little better it is a KAC forward grip, M16A1 Crane marked lower, Crane/LMT stock, CQD Deiter sling mount, LMT BUIS, Surefire light, KAC rail, M16A1 pistol grip, and an Aimpoint.

What Aimpoint mount is that?

The Aimpoint mount looks to be the PRI (good mount, but no repeat zero and is pricey).

The light is the SF M962C or M961C (cannot see which mount it is). This is one of the few pics I have ever seen with a SF weaponlight and the SW02 (DEVGRU) tailcap on it

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant
    The light is the SF M962C or M961C (cannot see which mount it is). This is one of the few pics I have ever seen with a SF weaponlight and the SW02 (DEVGRU) tailcap on it

C4
    Grant,

Most of the resent (last couple of years) NSW photos I've seen, they have the "C/DEVGRU" tailcap on their SF 951/961's.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by S-1
    Grant,

Most of the resent (last couple of years) NSW photos I've seen, they have the "C/DEVGRU" tailcap on their SF 951/961's.

Thanks.

It is funny to me that one tailcap has so many "official" names (SW02, Charlie & DEVGRU).

C4

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

An explanation...

SW02 is the Surefire part designation/number. They install it on their M9XXC weapon lights. DEVGRU allegedly requested the switch due to its dissatisfaction with the SW01 switch, the switch installed on the M9XXP weapon lights.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast