Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is FN preparing to release their own AR?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Is FN preparing to release their own AR?

I saw this ad in RECOIL magazine yesterday. It mentions a "sneak peak" of the "FN15."

Does anybody else have more info on this?

Attachment 21779

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    There was some buzz about this a couple of months ago and most believe that yes, FN is going to produce commercial AR-15s in some form or fashion.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interesting. Don't they make M4s for Uncle Sam? I know their barrels are well thought of, what are the thoughts of those here who have handled FN M4s or M16s? Contender with Colt? Good entry to the marker giving us another good option? Or similar to my thoughts, interesting and too early to tell.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    In the Corps I had both a Colt and an FN A2. Couldn't tell the difference between the two besides the roll mark.
    That said, I wouldn't mind an FN AR15. Just because.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by paramarine View Post
    In the Corps I had both a Colt and an FN A2. Couldn't tell the difference between the two besides the roll mark.
    That said, I wouldn't mind an FN AR15. Just because.
    I'm with you, it is the one AR15 that I would probably buy stock instead of building right now. The FN M16A2 has loads of memories for me. M4s for some reason seem more generic, I'm really not sure why.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    FN held a conference call a few months ago w/ a few FN owners that volunteered for an FN AR-15 focus group. And a few of us participated in an online survey regarding it, what price point, and what to name it. I forgot what 3 options I chose, but you can search for the thread on FNForum.net.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I hope they make a full-up A2 rifle.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HackerF15E View Post
    I hope they make a full-up A2 rifle.
    Exactly. I would buy this. ^^
    "I would rather be the hammer than the anvil."- Rommel

Owner: Hangar 18 Custom Coatings

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdoan300 View Post
    FN held a conference call a few months ago w/ a few FN owners that volunteered for an FN AR-15 focus group. And a few of us participated in an online survey regarding it, what price point, and what to name it. I forgot what 3 options I chose, but you can search for the thread on FNForum.net.

This statement bothers me especially the comment about price point.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I predict we will hear about it sometime around SHOT. I think I mentioned it here in another thread about FN. I think the version I heard about was going to be an FN M4. That could have changed and with the market situation who knows how it will play out.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast