Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lancer AWM follower isn't engaging bolt catch – anyone else seeing this?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You have an aftermarket lower and aftermarket magazines. Your problem shouldn't be surprising.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have quite a few of the Lancer AWM mags and I now prefer them to the GI's and Pmags, although the newest GI mags with the new followers are nice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tejasmtb View Post
    I have quite a few of the Lancer AWM mags and I now prefer them to the GI's and Pmags, although the newest GI mags with the new followers are nice.
    Have you tested for the Lancer waterfountain effect?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nope, haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Feedback Score
    I know the shim is janky -- thank you for pointing out the obvious ;-) That's why I call it a "workaround".

Since few people have access to the TDP, every AR or part thereof that isn't Colt or FN-branded could be described as "aftermarket". The root problem I have is having been born left-handed, while Eugene Stoner, in his infinite wisdom, decided to design the AR platform exclusively for right-handed people. Someone somewhere (maybe not even a lefty) will run into the same problem I have and maybe I can save them a little trouble.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    No mine work great. I have both a colt, and Pallmetto arms lowers

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalis View Post
    I know the shim is janky -- thank you for pointing out the obvious ;-) That's why I call it a "workaround".

Since few people have access to the TDP, every AR or part thereof that isn't Colt or FN-branded could be described as "aftermarket". The root problem I have is having been born left-handed, while Eugene Stoner, in his infinite wisdom, decided to design the AR platform exclusively for right-handed people. Someone somewhere (maybe not even a lefty) will run into the same problem I have and maybe I can save them a little trouble.
    That's because in Eugene Stoners infinite wisdom knew there would be a left handed gun grabber in the future .

I really like the AWM mags but have a healthy stash of OKAY, NHMGT, and Pmags also. I've never had problems with any mags/lower combos then again the fanciest lower I have is the latest Noveske Gen2. Maybe your next ambi lower purchase should be an SR-15 .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tejasmtb View Post
    Nope, haven't a clue what you are talking about.
    Check Posts #204 & #208 regarding "waterfountaining."

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...gazines/page11

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The solution was identified in the first post.

This turned into a description of how to find an out-of-box solution to a problem, despite the fact that the solution is IN the box....and that the box is labeled "Solution."
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123