Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BFG Vickers Sling differences

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have some feedback re: the sewn-in QD pushbutton versions:

They seem a bit long. After I have cinched them up as far as they can be and I have pulled the slider to make it as tight as possible it is still loose enough for me to shoulder wearing just a regular shirt. This is both padded and non-padded. I love the slings but the length makes throwing them over my back not very useful since I can't get the strap tight enough. This is not an issue with the standard sling.

FYI.

Feedback Score
    Since your version with the QD sling swivels doesn't also have the QD fastex buckle, this mod won't help you, but on every VCAS sling I own, the FIRST thing I do is remove that QD Fastex buckle system. This allows me to shorten the slings overall length up as much as I need to, as these slings are SO LONG on my thin build.
    I'm a thin build at 5'11", and 165lbs, so I could not even use these slings if it weren't for me being able to do this mod, and shorten the sling down considerably.
    With it at the proper length, it sure is much nicer though. Not to mention that nylon Fastex QD buckle just tends to swing around all over the place, and just makes noise when it hits the gun/etc. I just couldn't stand the location of it, and it added weight to the sling, which caused it to swing around uncontrollably when the gun was in the hand, without the sling over the shoulder.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cataldo View Post
    Since your version with the QD sling swivels doesn't also have the QD fastex buckle, this mod won't help you, but on every VCAS sling I own, the FIRST thing I do is remove that QD Fastex buckle system.
    I also do this on the standard slings, as recommended to me by LAV.

Feedback Score
    So which one should I get if I were going to pair it with Noveske N4 Recce Basic? I think I need to also buy a side sling adapter, the milspec one from Colt. Do you have any of those?

Feedback Score
    Last edited by dsmguy7; 02-06-22 at 13:25.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    dsm, you have the basic, right? Vltor stock and plastic handguards?

If so, you're going to need to come up with a way to attach the sling at the front. The gun comes with an FSB swivel, but I wouldn't use that as the two-point tac slings really want to be side-mounted. G&R sells this thing that can be mounted as shown or wrapped around the delta ring at the barrel/upper junction.

At the rear, I like to skip the QD swivels and just attach it directly to the stock through the slot built in to the stock. At the rear of the stock, up under the battery compartment, there's a slot cut that's just wide enough for the sling. Slip all the buckles & such off the sling, slide it through, and re-attach the sliders such that the sling can't pull back through. You can see what I mean here and here.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by dsmguy7; 02-06-22 at 13:23.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Grant, are the AK sidefolder versions still available?

Feedback Score
    Guys,
    I have been thinking of buying a padded VCAS, but as posted above, I am one of the guys who must remove the QD Fastex buckle, in order for the sling to be adjusted SHORT enough to use. These slings are just so long.
    SO, am I correct in assuming that either of the padded versions, is going to be TOO LONG for me, and I should just stick with the standard basic version???
    I would assume this to be true, based on Thekatars comments above, but just wanted to be sure.
    Thanks for any help.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cataldo View Post
    Guys,
    I have been thinking of buying a padded VCAS, but as posted above, I am one of the guys who must remove the QD Fastex buckle, in order for the sling to be adjusted SHORT enough to use. These slings are just so long.
    SO, am I correct in assuming that either of the padded versions, is going to be TOO LONG for me, and I should just stick with the standard basic version???
    I would assume this to be true, based on Thekatars comments above, but just wanted to be sure.
    Thanks for any help.
    I do not think they are too long in the least. Unless you are a 95lbs guy, you won't have any issues.

C4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast