Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: H vs. H2 vs. H3 buffers

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morebullets View Post
    Where is the best place to buy new buffers and springs?

Brownells sells Chrome Silicone buffer springs that are standard weight. CS springs are supposed to last longer than a normal spring. Some people use a spring that is stiffer than stock, but on my midlength rifle the stiff springs dont cycle low powered ammo like wolf very well.

Feedback Score
    Does it matter who makes the buffer?

H2 buffers are available online in several flavors - made by Colt ($60), made by CMT ($30), made by unknown ($29.95 at Bravo Company), et cetera. How you'd tell them apart, I don't know, but I'm guessing the difference for the Colt is mainly for people who insist on these things? Or has the Colt buffer gone through a rigorous testing process involving being laser-measured, x-rayed, thrown off a cliff, run over by a tank, and jumped up and down on by Privates 1st Class in all weather conditions, and that's why it costs double?

Bravo Company says theirs is a standard USGI part, implying it's military spec. No maker was specified but they do make their own rifles and everybody who's handled one thinks they're awesome. And here, I doubt Grant would sell the CMT buffers if they were shit... So I'm thinking I'll just save myself $30 and go with one of those...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morebullets View Post
    Where is the best place to buy new buffers and springs?

Bravo Company.
    "As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am keenly aware that the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue of grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." -- Nancy Pelosi, December 16, 1998

Feedback Score
    with a 10.5 (mk18) setup i found the h2 to cause problems from time to time. IF you are running F/A i would recomend an H3 buffer. i got a AAC (a kinda counter weight thingy) buffer, so far no problems. i half to admit i havent done a beta dump(s) with it yet. (thats one way of telling if it will fubar on you) my rate of fire was off the chart so i went with a reducer..

i did have some short stroke issues with my factory mp15t with some ammo (i think i put the wrong hammer springs back in. i changed out my springs and to a H buffer for more compression. works like a raped ape now.

my 2 cents.

Feedback Score
    whats best for a 14.5 with a F/A bcg? or is it different for every rifle?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spike View Post
    whats best for a 14.5 with a F/A bcg? or is it different for every rifle?
    It depends on your barrel and the gas hole size, some are larger than others, also the ammo makes a diffrence too, I would try an H and H2
    and make sure your bolt locks back on the last round.

Feedback Score
    MK18 type 1: NSWC assembled carbine with contracted and /or overhauled parts complete with all accessories to current standards at time of build will work with H or H2 and could have shipped with either. Units will balance buffer to ammo requirements:
    H okay with M193/M855. (all ship board MK 18’s should have H buffers as this was the standard at the time of assembly).
    H2 needed for MK 262/ R2LP & will run M193/M855.
    H3 may be needed for an extreme cases or when the gas port is eroded but the barrel still groups.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska3006 View Post
    H3 may be needed for an extreme cases or when the gas port is eroded but the barrel still groups.
    I know those aren't your words, but Gas port erosion doesn't change gas flow. The top of the port stays the same diameter as the bore area tear drops out.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Last edited by markm; 07-02-14 at 12:45.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    You do realize that this thread is 6 years old right?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska3006 View Post
    MK18 type 1: NSWC assembled carbine with contracted and /or overhauled parts complete with all accessories to current standards at time of build will work with H or H2 and could have shipped with either. Units will balance buffer to ammo requirements:
    H okay with M193/M855. (all ship board MK 18’s should have H buffers as this was the standard at the time of assembly).
    H2 needed for MK 262/ R2LP & will run M193/M855.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast