Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Noveske/Vltor SPR

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Noveske/Vltor SPR

Finally finished this last night, and got to zero it this morning. This rifle is intended for ringing steel at 400-600 yards, or further, from prone. I'm not much of a benchrest shooter. I've also never had a serious precision oriented rifle, so I built this one without skimping out. At the same time I saved quite a bit of money over purchasing a complete Noveske rifle by being patient and waiting for sales on new and used parts.

Upper:
    Vltor MUR-1A
    Noveske 18" medium contour SPR barrel with intermediate gas
    Noveske pinned gas block
    Noveske NSR 13.5" handguard
    BCM BCG
    BCM Gunfighter mod 4 charging handle
    Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x32
    Nightforce Ultralite Unimount

Lower:
    Noveske Gen 2 Chainsaw
    Noveske QD end plate
    Vltor A5 receiver extension, rifle spring, and A5H2 buffer
    Geissele G2S trigger
    G&R LPK
    Magpul MIAD grip
    B5 Enhanced SOPMOD stock

I'm not overly concerned with back up sights, but I may throw an offset MRDS or Aimpoint Micro on. It will be fed a diet of Nosler 77gr custom comps thanks to the advice and help of a few reloaders on M4C.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Great looking rifle. I bet it is a sheer tack driver and you are smart to go with that setup. Your biggest mission for the next long while will be learning the inherent bullet specific wind doping with to your setup at distance. What reticle did you go with?
    Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
    Great looking rifle. I bet it is a sheer tack driver and you are smart to go with that setup. Your biggest mission for the next long while will be learning the inherent bullet specific wind doping with to your setup at distance. What reticle did you go with?
    Thanks! The NXS has the NP-R2 reticle. I purchased it used at an amazing price, so the NP-R2 wasn't my first choice. Considering the price and great condition of the scope, I'm fine with it. If I was purchasing at retail I would have chosen the MOAR or MIL-R with matching turrets . If I feel like the NP-R2 is a problem, I suppose I can pay to have Nightforce change it. Even with the additional cost of doing this, I'd make out quite well.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Thanks! The NXS has the NP-R2 reticle. I purchased it used at an amazing price, so the NP-R2 wasn't my first choice. Considering the price and great condition of the scope, I'm fine with it. If I was purchasing at retail I would have chosen the MOAR or MIL-R with matching turrets . If I feel like the NP-R2 is a problem, I suppose I can pay to have Nightforce change it. Even with the additional cost of doing this, I'd make out quite well.
    I like that setup. I don't think that the reticle will be an issue. I like mil-mil reticles because it's what I know and easy but it's not like an moa or modified reticle is that much of a change. Again you have yourself the perfect long range 5.56 and I'm betting it will slap steel out to 600m all day long... It might get boring
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Oh and if you are seeing some opening of your groups try taking that Harris bipod off and retry a 5 shot group. I have a little better >.2 MOA accuracy without my bipod.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Oh and if you are seeing some opening of your groups try taking that Harris bipod off and retry a 5 shot group. I have a little better >.2 MOA accuracy without my bipod.
    It's interesting you say that. I feel like I do shoot better when I monopod on a magazine (obviously not the 20 round in the picture), or use a makeshift rest like a backpack. Since my harris doesn't have roll adjustment, it's not the easiest thing to use anyways.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Can you tell me what interface you used for the Harris and the Key Mod rail?
    Colt AR-15/M-16 Armorer, GLock Armorer, HK USP Armorer
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackinfl View Post
    Can you tell me what interface you used for the Harris and the Key Mod rail?
    I have the Noveske TRX/NSR sling/bi-pod stud: http://shopnoveske.com/collections/p...d-bi-pod-mount

Despite what the description says on the above link, it does not fit between the gas block and handguard on my rifle. I had to move it just behind the gas block, otherwise I'd move the bipod forward more. One more reason to ditch the harris....

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Nice build! Very similar to mine.

I've heard that before but I haven't tried it with my rifle. I wonder why that is?

Feedback Score
    That is one slick rifle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast