Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another New Adjustable Gas Block Option - SLR DA7

Feedback Score

Another New Adjustable Gas Block Option - SLR DA7

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://slrrifleworks.com/products/da...agement-system

Looks like another nice option. Some refinements apparently from their last model.
    Any opinions on SLR as a company in general?
    Anyone use their previous model?

Id really like an Adjustable Gas block or even an insert from Clint for my suppressed 11.5". But I have a URXII and would have to send my upper away to have it installed, And I would want to pin it in addition to the set screws. So im Procrastinating, and i guess I dont REALLY need it.

Just wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone had any opinions.
    Last edited by saddlerocker; 04-24-13 at 00:29.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Captured detent allows adjustment screw to be removed in seconds and cleaned if needed. No springs, balls or pins to fall out or parts to lose
    That's a swipe at the Syrac product...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Looks very "tall". Not sure what the need to clean a gas port is.

I still haven't tried my Syrac yet... but from looking at the other gas blocks and insertable ports, there's mostly heat that is exposed... not the carbon I'd thought I'd see in there.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very cool product. I like the fact that there is no detent to adjust the gas setting like the syrac.

All in all for my Maten build I went with the syrac because I wanted a clamp on. We shall see if that was the right choice.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Chuckster View Post
    Very cool product. I like the fact that there is no detent to adjust the gas setting like the syrac.
    But it says "detent adj.." something on the packaging above... it's partially blocked by the product.

It strikes me that a detent that locks is a favorable thing so that the system doesn't move during firing. I'm not sure what system this block uses....
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Let me re phrase that. On the syrac you have an external detent that you have to press in with something while you turn the adjuster screw.

On the DA7 it is an internal detent with a ball and spring. Each turn of the adjuster will click into position.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Chuckster View Post
    Let me re phrase that. On the syrac you have an external detent that you have to press in with something while you turn the adjuster screw.

On the DA7 it is an internal detent with a ball and spring. Each turn of the adjuster will click into position.
    I see. I haven't gone live with my Syrac. I guess it depends on how much adjusting the shooter wants to do. I picture just sticking with one setting most of the time, so the Syrac system doesn't trouble me too much.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I see. I haven't gone live with my Syrac. I guess it depends on how much adjusting the shooter wants to do. I picture just sticking with one setting most of the time, so the Syrac system doesn't trouble me too much.
    I agree. I have not gone live with my Syrac yet either and I plan on setting it and not messing with it unless needed.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Looks very "tall"........
    I was thinking the same thing. That thing looks really tall compared to other LP gas blocks. Is the Syrac that tall?
    <------Be not affraid!

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAZ View Post
    Is the Syrac that tall?
    Just on looks.... no. The Syrac's system runs parallel to the bore so it's no different than any other lo pro block.

Looks like some part of the system on this unit runs perpendicular to the bore and sits a little taller.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast