Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Umlaut Industries lower...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Umlaut Industries lower...

http://www.umlaut-industries.com/pro...products_id=52

How are these lowers?

I have seen a couple around in the picture thread, but how are they? I can't seem to find any reviews...

Feedback Score
    Do not personally own one. A buddy I shoot with has built 2 of them with no issues ,one colt LPK and one G&R LPK. No issues with either, finish seems fine, mags drop free etc.

Umlaut is local here, the owner is friendly enough and seems to know his stuff, but that doesn't automatically translate to perfect machine work.

Personally, I don't think the price is justified over any other stripped lower (Wideners still has LRBs for <$100), unless you really want the NH state motto 'live free of die' on the side of your lower.
    Last edited by chasetopher; 12-22-13 at 22:30. Reason: type-o

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    More well known lowers are available for less money. Rainier Arms has a decent stock of several brands right now. Not to take away from the business of the manufacturer you linked, they might be fine. I do like the "WTF" prefix on their serial number
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Haha thanks guys! I was just curious. I am just looking for a good stripped lower that is machined well to go with a vltor upper.

I only know of a couple that are GTG like noveske, bcm, etc. but not many others...

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrvip27 View Post
    Haha thanks guys! I was just curious. I am just looking for a good stripped lower that is machined well to go with a vltor upper.

I only know of a couple that are GTG like noveske, bcm, etc. but not many others...
    Mega, Seekins and the Rainier house brand are also excellent options.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoveskeFan View Post
    Mega, Seekins and the Rainier house brand are also excellent options.
    I am sure they are very nice options. Just some of the roll marks on them are a little excessive! lol

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    They are made by mega and are high quality. I know lars the owner well enough. Im also going to lean towards a bcm or noveske but in all seriousness they are held to very tight tolerances.
    "You get what you pay for"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rapomstage3 View Post
    They are made by mega and are high quality. I know lars the owner well enough. Im also going to lean towards a bcm or noveske but in all seriousness they are held to very tight tolerances.
    What advantages does a bcm have over the umlaut?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrvip27 View Post
    What advantages does a bcm have over the umlaut?
    Resale value. The respect of your fellow shooter for supporting such a good American company that is in support of our soldiers like its know ones buisiness. Plus it will match your new kmr handguard!
    "You get what you pay for"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rapomstage3 View Post
    Resale value. The respect of your fellow shooter for supporting such a good American company that is in support of our soldiers like its know ones buisiness. Plus it will match your new kmr handguard!
    Already got a bcm lower waiting for the kmr bcm upper! Im looking for a lower to put with my vltor receiver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast