Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinion on the PSA 16" M4 CMV Rifle Kit?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Avoid the kit, buy specific parts.

Buy one of their FN barrelled uppers. Buy one of their 7075 reciever extensions. Buy their $50 blem lower. Get their "classic" LPK without a FCG and put an ALG in it. Buy your BCG and CH from BCM.

Feedback Score
    56 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    Avoid the kit, buy specific parts.

Buy one of their FN barrelled uppers. Buy one of their 7075 reciever extensions. Buy their $50 blem lower. Get their "classic" LPK without a FCG and put an ALG in it. Buy your BCG and CH from BCM.
    This has worked well for me as well. The individual parts, including their FN barrels, can be judged on an individual basis and are worth buying, but the kits are made to be cost-cutters. I wouldn't want the mystery budget receiver extension or some other parts in the kits, but they have deals on individual components, such as those listed above, that I've found to be excellent. I have seen that they still can't stake a BCG right, I'd send my money to BCM, DD, Ranier, G&R or buy a Colt BCG first.

They sometimes sell lower parts kits with ALG/Geiselle triggers, which is nice when they have the one you want.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I actually got three with ALG triggers and didn't know it ahead of time. I was pleasantly surprised. Also got two that weren't that were the same product number. I have no idea what they are doing there but you can certainly get good parts if you're smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That's the bad thing about PSA's kits is that the complete upper maybe decently made but the supporting LPK and BCG are low end non disclosed items.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    In summery of the kit.

The gas key bolts are thin, staking is ok, and the BCG has a thin phosphate finish. The finish is not near as nice as the PSA premium BCG with the PSA roll mark.

The end of the barrel is not phosphate coated. Which leaves me wondering if the barrel did not pass QC. Rather than selling the upper by itself. put it in a package deal on deep discount. I have another thread on the end of the barrel - https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...osphate-coated Even though people say there is nothing wrong with that, I wonder if the barrel did not pass QC and was discounted for that reason.

It just so happens my wife bought me a PSA premium BCG for christmas. So the m16 BCG is going into storage, and the premium is going into the upper.

The hand guard had double heat shields, which surprised me.

Overall, for a price of $464.99, which included shipping, I am happy.

Attached picture shows the PSA premium BCG on top, and the PSA m16 BCG that came with the kit on the bottom.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ~kev~; 12-25-13 at 11:08.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12