Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: M1 Garand pic thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Just a Garand for the collection... nothing major other than a periodic shooter.

If I find a beater, might do a Mini-G. Have a N/M M1A, M1903 USMC sniper replica, and a Custer-era Springfield Trapdoor Carbine. Think I got a few of the US rifle highlights...
    Nice collection. The mini G calls to me everytime I have a beer!

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
    I thought about going out and buying a lottery ticket, but didn't. I'm constantly amazed at how rough the Winchester finish work was, especially considering how everyone seems to want one too.

I'll be putting a relieved op rod in it, especially if I shoot it a lot (which I'm sure I will) as there's no need for me to risk cracking it.

It was only my second rifle order with the CMP, and both of the rifles I've received have been just outstanding. I'd like to pick up an HRA and an IHC one of these days just to have one of each. Every HRA I've seen has been real nice. HRA's finsh work is just exceptional IMHO.
    Glad you'll get to shoot it, and the replacement rod will give you peace of mind, worth it. Sounds like you need the HRA too. I'm mixed on the IHC ... from what I recall reading, they had all sorts of problems cranking out reliable rifles, and Springfield had to ship them parts. Unless your goal is to simply have one of each, which I understand drives a lot of collectors.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious_ar15 View Post
    Nice detail in that stock. Do you mind sharing how you got it to look that good?
    beauty! dang!

Feedback Score
    My two Garands:

Garands 1.jpg

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Pew pew ping!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious6 View Post
    My two Garands:

Garands 1.jpg
    Nice, I do like that silver-ish parkerizing
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post
    Pew pew ping!

Well said!
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    Speaking of Pew, Ping! Check out this picture my wife took while I was shooting one of my Garands on our range here at the house - last shell casing ejecting above and to the front and the en bloc ejecting above and just in front of my head.

Ping.jpg

Feedback Score
    Speaking of Pew, Ping! Check out this picture my wife took while I was shooting one of my Garands on our range here at the house - last shell casing ejecting above and to the front and the en bloc ejecting above and just in front of my head.

Ping.jpg
    Perfect. And that's about as far as I've ever seen an en bloc fly!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Ping.jpg
    Awesome picture! Looks like a private range. I recently inherited my Grandparent place on 11 acres, and the first thing I'm doing it setting up my own private shooting range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Ping.jpg
    Great picture and Garand!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
    Awesome picture! Looks like a private range. I recently inherited my Grandparent place on 11 acres, and the first thing I'm doing it setting up my own private shooting range.
    Yeah, we've got 57 acres with a great spot for about a 125 yard range. Perfect.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast