Thread: Templar Tactical Supressors

Feedback Score

Templar Tactical Supressors

Anyone have any experience with these? ( yes, I tried the search feature)

It is a company local to me. I had a chance to tour the shop and meet the owner last week. I was very impressed with the product, and the owner was very helpful! But, an owner always has good things to say about their products. The company is putting out titanium suppressors, with a baffle stack machined from a solid billet of titanium.

I am planning on purchasing a .30cal can to run on a 5.56 SBR. Eventually I will add a .300 blackout to the mix, so I want one can to do it all...

Any info or experience you can provide on the product would be appreciated!

http://www.templartacticalfirearms.c...um-suppressor/

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    It's 100% titanium which wouldn't be my first choice in metallurgy but seems interesting as they rate it for 300 win mag and it's 6". I didn't see any pics of the baffle stack though.
    Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    Why would I want to avoid titanium? (Not sarcastic, I am learning)

From what I have read, titanium welds are a problem, and a solid machined piece should be stronger. Setting aside cost, why is steel better than titanium? The attachment brake is steel, and the brake acts as the initial baffle...

Feedback Score
    Check out the huge thread on them on Snipershide. Video reviews and multiple write-ups in that thread. Templar held a group buy over there so there are quite a few in the hands of users over there.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Bumping this old thread. Got an Archangel in and will put up a review soon. I am going to try and get some side-by-side video with a guy that has a Liberty Leonidas upper and my Archangel + AAC 9" + Templar brake combo. Also will shoot a 12.5" 5.56 with a JEC quick brake. I don't have any sound measuring device unfortunately.

One cool option with these cans is the A2 adapter. Down the road I might try a VG6 Gamma or other A2 sized brake.

EDIT:
    Here is the can, 13.35oz without any adapter installed. Not bad for a 9.25" x 1.5" can.

L to R: 4 oz for the A2 FH + A2 adapter, 2.25 oz for the JEC Quick Brake, and 1.9 oz for the Templar FH.

AAC 9" barrel and the MI rail my buddy cut:

So far just 20 rounds of FOG subsonic ammo through the can, no issues using an H2 buffer and Sprinco Blue, locks back on an empty mag. When the SBR happens I will switch to the standard Vltor A5 kit.
    Last edited by Rayrevolver; 04-24-15 at 21:21.