Thread: Zero stops for SWFA Super Sniper Scopes

Feedback Score

Zero stops for SWFA Super Sniper Scopes

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Excellent, thank you for the link! I've ordered a set for my 10X42 HD MRAD.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Update

Ordered a set of shims for $20 and installed them. It took all of about 5 minutes to determine the three thinnest shims stacked is what I needed. The elevation consistently stops 34 clicks past zero (slightly less than 3/4 of a full turn); I ran the elevation full up, turning the rifle on its side and tapping on the scope, then back down to stop multiple times to see if the shims would shift and jam the turret in any way - they do not. They work exactly as advertised with (at least at this point) no observable down side.

I'm very happy to have a zero-stop in my SWFA scope. IMO, SWFA should include such shims with their scopes (or at least make them an optional accessory). If you are running a SWFA scope, these are a very effective addition!

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    That's pretty ingenious... I wish there was something like this available for by Bushnell.

Feedback Score
    how do you find the clarity of the glass with those scopes? is it up there with the leupolds?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackOps View Post
    how do you find the clarity of the glass with those scopes? is it up there with the leupolds?
    This is a very loaded question.

Are you comparing 3-9X to 3-9X? If you mean the quality of the glass, then consider that even if you compare the same magnification range with the same objective size the two designs may be different and the quality of the glass may not be indicative of the image quality.

I think for the money on average you get better image quality with SWFA (from what I have seen) but there aren't as many options

A really nice offering is the SWFA 3-9X. For Christmas they had them on sale for $400 which is an amazing smoking deal for the features it has.

On the other hand I have checked out the Leupold VX-6 and was pretty impressed. I have only seen pictures of images produced by the SWFA 1-6X and they did not seem as nice, but I think it has better features in terms of turrets and reticles versus the VX-6.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackOps View Post
    I have not done any side-by-side comparisons, but having used Leupolds in the past I do not find myself wanting with optical quality of the SWFA scope I am using.

The only downside for me is the focus ring - it's over damped to the point of being difficult to turn, especially in cold weather. I contacted SWFA to find out if any of the levers for their zoom scopes would fit, but they said none would.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Wish they would do a set for the SS 1-6
    Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?