Thread: IWC is great!! My new AK light mount for Surefirer Scout Light ***pics added***

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)

IWC is great!! My new AK light mount for Surefirer Scout Light ***pics added***

**Update is 5th post down**

F50F80D3-1FA6-4AD4-8C46-3B20119A0A5C_zpsopf4jr60.jpg

I'm after the measurements, specifically the mounting holes. I'm thinking of using this mount to attach a Surefire scout light to my AK. The rail I have on there has mounting holes for placing rail sections and this mount appears it would work. What I need specifically is measurements:

1). Measurement of outside of 1st slot to outside of 3rd slot.

2). Same as above but inside to inside.

3). Outside of 1st slot to outside of 2nd slot.

Inches, mm, doesn't matter, I have a micrometer. I thank you in advance.

I also understand IWC may not want this info on here, so if you'd like to keep it discreet a PM will do.

Last edited by RMiller; 12-17-13 at 07:12. Reason: Updating thread

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    What?? Pic doesn't work with the question...... GH

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    F50F80D3-1FA6-4AD4-8C46-3B20119A0A5C_zpsopf4jr60.jpg

I'm after the measurements, specifically the mounting holes. I'm thinking of using this mount to attach a Surefire scout light to my AK. The rail I have on there has mounting holes for placing rail sections and this mount appears it would work. What I need specifically is measurements:

1). Measurement of outside of 1st slot to outside of 3rd slot.

2). Same as above but inside to inside.

3). Outside of 1st slot to outside of 2nd slot.

Inches, mm, doesn't matter, I have a micrometer. I thank you in advance.

I also understand IWC may not want this info on here, so if you'd like to keep it discreet a PM will do. .
    Email me, I'll hook you up with specs & a deal... earl@impactweaponscomponents.com

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MOUNT-N-SLOT View Post
    Email me, I'll hook you up with specs & a deal... earl@impactweaponscomponents.com
    Email inbound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)

Let me start off by saying Earl at IWC was great! Hooked me up with the measurements I needed and a nice discount. I placed my order Friday (12/13/13) and had the mount yesterday (12/16/13). It's almost like this mount was made for the damage industries rail, and light placement is about perfect. The mount even acts as a nice ledge to put my thumb on. Mount is very well made as expected.

Last edited by RMiller; 12-17-13 at 07:14.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    IWC makes excellent mounts. I havent even considered other brands for sling and light mounts for years.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 12-17-13 at 15:49.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    I'm running without the brake now so it will fit into a discreet bag I own.

Anyhow this is the light pattern. There's basically no shadow.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    OP, what AK rail is that?
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    OP, what AK rail is that?
    That is a Damage Industries Rail.

Some things to note.

- It has a little play the way they have you mount the rail
    - I drilled a couple "detents" where the set screws went and it stiffened it right up
    - The slots are nice, you can add rails, and they even have rails with an integrated QD swivel slot.
    - USE LOCKTITE
    - This IWC light mount compliments it very well.

Overall if I would have known I'd have to add "detents" to my front trunion in order to stiffen it up I would probably have passed. Yet, I'm not that worried, I view my AK more as a tool than any other rifle and the Damage Industries Rail helps it achieve my goals in the "modified" state. It is very solid. If you're afraid to modify and don't like a little wobble you should probably pass. Good thing is they are very cheap right now, along with their brakes as a New Years sale.

Last edited by RMiller; 01-01-14 at 17:21.