Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeking expert advice on issued Mk18 Block II rifles and Surefire weaponlights

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question Seeking expert advice on issued Mk18 Block II rifles and Surefire weaponlights

I'm in the process of building a Mk18 Block II upper as close to standard issue as I can possibly get.
    To me it feels more like I'm restoring an old 1968 COPO Camaro and trying to track down original floormats and lugnuts as they came from the factory in '68. I'm in love with the hunt and the research.
    I've already got a Gen 1 SOPMOD stock, 4-prong Surefire SOCOM-RC flashider (and can on the way), teardrop forward assist and all the other goodies like the FDE DD RIS II and KAC taupe front sight.
    My question now was about a weaponlight.
    I want to go with a Surefire M600C Scoutlight (or possibly an M620C if accurate) because these have been seen fielded by soldiers with these rifles overseas. However for only $20 more you can now purchase the M600 Ultra that's got 500 lumens.
    Does anyone know if the M600C/620C is the only one that's seen use overseas so far? My assumption is the Ultra is simply too new to have been put into use or to have been photographed in the field.
    I've got other AR's just to "shoot and enjoy" so if there's a proprietary, issued CQBR roll pin I want to have it
    Thanks in advance for any responses.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    VBL III is the Insight WMX-200. Better act soon because they just announced they won't be selling white lights anymore.
    "Soldier, you need to turn your ACOG off before the batteries die." - PMI Instructor, subject matter expert

Feedback Score
    Good riddance, the Insight lights are trash that don't belong on a service weapon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    deleted

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you're so bent on such accuracy that you're willing to track down every little thing, why would you deviate at all? Seems like a waste if you're putting in so much time then slapping a different (incorrect) light on it because it's "only $20 more?"
    I'm not cool. I just do this stuff for fun.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Seems kinda fanboyish to me, building a mk18 isnt going to make a Budweiser appear on your ass cheek.
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    With the lights available on the market now, why limit yourself based on 'clone authenticity'?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    If you're so bent on such accuracy that you're willing to track down every little thing, why would you deviate at all? Seems like a waste if you're putting in so much time then slapping a different (incorrect) light on it because it's "only $20 more?"
    There really is no "incorrect" light. If you understand the units that use the mk18 then you would realize that, Somebody somewhere in these units has/is using/used every light known to mankind. So pick a light you want and rest assured somebody has used it and quite possibly the last thing a bad person has seen.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Well that was my question, was wondering if the M600U is fielded and would be correct. If not, I'll buy an M600C.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_Overide View Post
    Seems kinda fanboyish to me, building a mk18 isnt going to make a Budweiser appear on your ass cheek.
    Not trying to pretend to be a SEAL or anything... I'm just fascinated with their weapons and "the hunt" for hard to find parts. Like I said I've already got rifles that are suited for my own individual needs already. Right now I'm just interested in building a stock Mk18 Block II rifle as it'd be issued and appear in the field (minus the M4 lower receiver).

Quote Originally Posted by alphableak83 View Post
    There really is no "incorrect" light. If you understand the units that use the mk18 then you would realize that, Somebody somewhere in these units has/is using/used every light known to mankind. So pick a light you want and rest assured somebody has used it and quite possibly the last thing a bad person has seen.
    Very true. As I said in my original post my hunch is pics of guys overseas using M600U's probably just haven't trickled out on the web yet. Naturally these guys would have the latest and greatest so maybe I already answered my own question. Was just looking for documented proof they have them like a photo or first-hand account.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Seeking expert advice on issued Mk18 Block II rifles and Surefire weaponlights

Just by the right light for the job.

AR15.com has tons of clone discussions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast