Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turkish ZQ MKE Ammo

Feedback Score

Turkish ZQ MKE Ammo

Local Wally World has some Turkish made ammo {9mm, 5.56, 7.62} in stock. Brand name is ZQ and manufactured by MKE in Turkey. Is it any good?

Feedback Score
    Ours has it too. I have hunted high and low for info about it. NOTHING that amounts to a crap. Just 9 mm shoots a bit on the +P side and a bit dirty.... 5.56 hardly anything said about it. And NOTHING (hands on) said on the NATO 7.62X51. Their Website says 55,130 CUP, 149gr bullet, 2713fps at 78'... and you can't get anyone on the phone.

Kind of puts a flag up when ALL the name brand 308 - 7.62X51 ammo (is catch as catch can if your timing is right) are there but, the ZQ1 boxes are still/just sitting there un-touched collecting dust ??? I could handle "so-so" for shooting if the brass was worth reloading and the bullets weren't barrel "killers".

Any help ?

Feedback Score
    I tried some of the 5.56 recently with good results. The projectiles themselves have a longer ogive, and come to a noticeably sharper point than the standard Federal or Lake City stuff. I was able to get about 1.5 - 2 moa out of a bcm 16" middy, no chronograph though. I have not tried to reload the brass yet, but it appears to be annealed with crimped and sealed primers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik99318 View Post
    I tried some of the 5.56 recently with good results. The projectiles themselves have a longer ogive, and come to a noticeably sharper point than the standard Federal or Lake City stuff. I was able to get about 1.5 - 2 moa out of a bcm 16" middy, no chronograph though. I have not tried to reload the brass yet, but it appears to be annealed with crimped and sealed primers.
    Thanks. Every little bit helps. The ZQ1 5.56 sells here,but is usually the last to go. The 7.62 has annealed brass and crimped sealed primers were a plus (to me) too. Non magnetic was another plus.

I talked to the regular guy that works the hunting/fishing gear section today (that actually likes his job and isn't a big BSer when it comes down to talkin' shop). He said that the ZQ1 is new (on the shelf), the last to go and IS a very slow mover off the shelf. 2 or 3 different people do buy it (7.62) on a regular basis and he thought one might be reloading the brass (he'd ask next time he saw him). Also said no one was bragging about how well it shot compaired to the other factory rounds,but it'd drop a Coyote or Woodchuck in 100 yards.
    Give Me the Eyes of an Eagle.The Courage of a Lion and the Balls of a Combat Helicopter Pilot. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I just ran 90 rounds of this stuff today while breaking in a new BCM upper. No issues and will buy more next time I'm at Wally World and they are out of Tula again.

Looks like quality NATO ammo to me and the brass was annealed so it should make for good reloads.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n517rv View Post
    I just ran 90 rounds of this stuff today while breaking in a new BCM upper. No issues and will buy more next time I'm at Wally World and they are out of Tula again.

Looks like quality NATO ammo to me and the brass was annealed so it should make for good reloads.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    That makes me feel a little better. I grabbed 24 (of the 30-20 round boxes) they had left. 24 ? 12 boxes fit perfect in those small Plano ammo boxes. so I filled two.
    Give Me the Eyes of an Eagle.The Courage of a Lion and the Balls of a Combat Helicopter Pilot. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    For anyone that might care. Walmart (here) did a roll-back on the ZQ1 ammo. Still haven't heard anything good or bad about it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by n517rv View Post
    MKE brass has been pretty dumpy for me. I think I'll get one load out of it. Usually the primer pocket is pretty loose if I remember right.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    MKE brass has been pretty dumpy for me. I think I'll get one load out of it. Usually the primer pocket is pretty loose if I remember right.
    Are you talking about all the MKE brass or 5.56 ? You loading hot or medium loads ? How do you de-bur the primer pockets ? I use an old drill bit to just barely take the lip off crimped military brass and use an old Lee hand primer (for the "feel" of the seating). I'm wondering about their 7.62 NATO. At .74 cents a round for plinking,I'd be happy to hit a 5 gal. bucket 2-300 yards out (but not counting on it), just to get more reloadable brass even if it's only for a couple loads. Reguardless,it'd still be cheaper shooting.

Normally if ammo or something is really bad it's all over the net like a Junebug through a Goose. I've haven't heard hardly anything about this ZQ1. Fear of the unknown,too new or I missed it all some place along the line ?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddmax View Post
    Are you talking about all the MKE brass or 5.56 ? You loading hot or medium loads ? How do you de-bur the primer pockets ? I use an old drill bit to just barely take the lip off crimped military brass and use an old Lee hand primer (for the "feel" of the seating).
    I've had some of the MKE brass with the staked primer pockets. I just use the hornady primer pocket reamer like I do on every other crimped case. I just remember it being mediocre stuff. I don't load 5.56 pressure in my mixed brass too much. So it's usually just a .223 load.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast