Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turkish ZQ MKE Ammo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddmax View Post
    Figured at that price and it doesn't shoot that bad for plinking.
    No....that word....it sends chills down my spine!
    Team Medic, Task Force Zangaro
    "The Cat's Originals"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SOW_0331 View Post
    Yeah, I think I'll go grab a few more boxes today on my way to work.

I know 2-3 MOA isn't inspiring a lot of confidence for some folks. When I shoot, I tend to mix in a lot of physical activity. To help understand why I was impressed with that performance, I was shooting at my private area for a team movement drill. It started with the 7.62 gun on a ruck that I threw on after 40 pull ups, a bunch of kettle bell raises, some high-rep dead lifts, and a ton of jumping jacks. Then we cleared numerous "trenches" which are targets at different angles nailed to pallets, literally in trenches that were dug out long time ago, with carbines. That's the 0-200m of the plot, with transitions. As it was in this event, my LMT was the spotting gun for a 300WM bolt gun that was hitting much further out. My targets were two steel silhouettes behind cover, and a 10" silhouette painted on an old propane tank (empty....relax) hanging from a chain. I engaged those little buggers while the bolt gun shooter moved. Once he got on target, I picked up and caught it.

It's pretty good for getting the heart rate up. I'm certain you could get much better performance even just shooting off a bag. When I say 2-3MOA, it's based off the size of target. All my rounds are in the target, so that's what it was capable of, and I'd say nearly all the variation was shooter error. Plus it was rainy and cold, who likes getting down in that?

It's good enough ammo. Worth the $14 for a box of 20. Now I just need more mags...

That tells me a lot. Been there done that a couple times in my younger years when things were just catching on. That was before pre multi weapon shoots took off big time. Did it for real in my early 20's,so I understand the physical stress involved trying to place rounds on target in a live situation too. So I should also be reasonably impressed with the performance off the bench. I just wiped out Wally Worlds 2nd shipment of ZQ1 ammo a couple hours ago.
    Give Me the Eyes of an Eagle.The Courage of a Lion and the Balls of a Combat Helicopter Pilot. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    No....that word....it sends chills down my spine!
    Remember. I live out in the Boondocks. My "plinking" consists of shooting at iron targets scattered around on private property. That's why I moved up to the 308. Dang Coyotes were taking a wider path around the place. They figured out my 5.56 range.
    Give Me the Eyes of an Eagle.The Courage of a Lion and the Balls of a Combat Helicopter Pilot. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddmax View Post
    Remember. I live out in the Boondocks. My "plinking" consists of shooting at iron targets scattered around on private property. That's why I moved up to the 308. Dang Coyotes were taking a wider path around the place. They figured out my 5.56 range.
    As long as it's not about making clumps of dirt fly lol.

Yeah nothing compares to the real thing, but it's never bad to train like you might go back. Just in case...
    Team Medic, Task Force Zangaro
    "The Cat's Originals"

Feedback Score
    Zqi says on the box milspec and shoots sub moa. Ran 20 rounds through my dpms gen II. No optic but its good ammo.

Feedback Score
    As long as it's not about making clumps of dirt fly lol.

Yeah nothing compares to the real thing, but it's never bad to train like you might go back. Just in case...
    No dirt clod shooting here. Those are made for kickin' when you're pissed.

I learned to live off the land at a young age growing up here, I know every square inch and about all the hiding areas with-in the River I live along. I'm well versed on excape and evade,hit and run,hide in plain sight in all weather condition. 3 years in the Regular Army (wasn't drafted,I inlisted) I was "Fine Tuned" for my trade.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123