Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.56 7.5" DI pistol with 9" 556 Evo rail and HERA linear comp done...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    I'm having a hard time believing this - I've shot 7.5" AR pistols with A2s and the fireball and concussion was ridiculous. My Hera Comp (gen 1) significantly cuts down on both. I don't see how a PWS Triad could do a better job. It's basically just another three-prong flash-hider. Not that I'm doubting you, as everyone's experiences will differ based upon many variables, but I did try a Wilson Accu-Tac on one 7.5" and it was barely better than the birdcage. With my Hera, I noticed the difference immediately. It was much more pleasurable to shoot and definitely sent more sound and blast downrange. I'm scratching my head on this one.
    I'm with you. I was VERY surprised, and I cannot explain it. It is consistent with other reports, though.

I shoot a ton with various configurations and muzzle devices, including 3-gun competition, so I'm pretty aware. Like I said, I was so impressed with the Triad, that I skipped even trying the Hera or the CQB. I'd say the concussion from the 7.5" barrel with Triad is about like shooting my 16" barrel with a BattleComp. I fully expected the big ass fireballs like my buddies' 7.5", but mine has very little flash, and I shoot mostly either Federal 223 or XM193. My guess is that whatever they were able to accomplish to eliminate flash also disperses the gas in such a way as to minimize concussion.

The only other factor is that my upper is piston driven and not DI. I don't think that would have a huge impact on perceived muzzle blast, but it might have some.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. - Confucius

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    So you're having no cycling issues with your setup? That's pretty good news. What made you decide on a 7.5 vs 10.5? With that brake on there it is darn near the same size.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lifebreath View Post
    I'm with you. I was VERY surprised, and I cannot explain it. It is consistent with other reports, though.
    Well I like PWS stuff and the Triad has always intrigued me so it looks like I'm going to have to pick one up.

Quote Originally Posted by misfit47 View Post
    So you're having no cycling issues with your setup? That's pretty good news. What made you decide on a 7.5 vs 10.5? With that brake on there it is darn near the same size.
    Absolutely none. It's eaten everything from Fiocchi 40gr V-Max .223 to mk262 with nary a hiccup from day one. Mostly I bought the 7.5" because I wanted a range toy that could double as a "PDW" if needed. I'm not going to lie - it's the only AR I've built based on looks instead of functionality, although it has that in spades and is a very nice weapon. I just wanted a neat looking pistol. That's all. With the Shockwave Blade and Samson hand stop on it, it looks sweet now. I have plenty of BCMs and DDs for if the SHTF. This build was all pleasure.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Nothing wrong with an aesthetics based build as long as it works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12