Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14.5 BCM build.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

14.5 BCM build.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgI built a 6.8 a year ago and got the but for a short mid 5.56 since LWRC is going to release the 6.8 rec set I had to find something to build off the old parts. Aero receiver, YHM 12in LW, Troy fixed hk style sights, magpul furniture, Troy fore grip. These parts had may be 200 rounds of 6.8 thru them. Got the Wilson Combat sale FA bcg. BCM std 14.5 and a BC 1.5 off the EE and a H buffer. I love the feel. The weight is centered at the front of the magwell/ forward take down pin. Swings nicely. Also love the section of barrel that is past the hand guard. Gonna take it out today and run it a little.
    Last edited by Ripdog33; 12-20-13 at 03:45.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was at the range before 0700 and ran thru 150 rounds. Funny my sight zero held from the tear down and build up. Lots of failure drills on 2 targets. Ran it hard and I was amazed by how flat and soft this shoots. I am very pleased. The bolt and timing are as perfect as I have seen on any gun. Brass was all at 4 o'clock 4ft away and most touching. No brass rubs at all. All was 55g AE.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Decided to get a minimalist stock. Also the ACS is Long. image.jpg

Feedback Score
    Nice rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you. Santa was good this year. image.jpg

Feedback Score
    I got the impression from your original post that this was pretty much a "hey let's throw it together" type build----I don't at all mean that in a bad way, more of a "parts on hand" type thing than a "let's sit down and spec everything out just the way we want it" build. For a "HLTIT" build, that's a damn nice package---not just quality parts, but quality parts that seem simpatico with each other. (I think you made the right call swapping stocks.)

Say, I just realized why I like it so much: it's a damn close cousin to BCM's EAG Tactical carbine, which is still pretty much what I think of as the "turnkey fighting package."

Feedback Score
    I am a huge fan of 14.5" since picking up a DD and a Noveske with a pinned hider.

I don't have any BCM guns but between your gun and the Haley Jack I am going tongi ahead and plan for one in the new year.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Again View Post
    I got the impression from your original post that this was pretty much a "hey let's throw it together" type build----I don't at all mean that in a bad way, more of a "parts on hand" type thing than a "let's sit down and spec everything out just the way we want it" build. For a "HLTIT" build, that's a damn nice package---not just quality parts, but quality parts that seem simpatico with each other. (I think you made the right call swapping stocks.)

Say, I just realized why I like it so much: it's a damn close cousin to BCM's EAG Tactical carbine, which is still pretty much what I think of as the "turnkey fighting package."
    No offense taken. I mostly said I have these what else do I need. Some was based off the EAG and my forend was a close match. I wanted the FF and longer rail. I wanted a down and dirty gun that I can push hard. I'll be running a few K rounds through it in the next few weeks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For the paint I read Pat Rodgers and the 10-8 articles. Went with Krylon camo and a window screen to break it up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got some RCBS dies and 55g hornady FMJBT in. Using RL10x at 22.5 - 23g so testing a range.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast