Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: M4 Product Improvement Program Forward Rail Assembly Kit progress?

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by USGuns View Post
    Very nice!

What's interesting is they appear to now be open to something like Keymod:
    There's really no telling.

There is also mention of enhanced reliability in the RFI. I wonder what the chances are of a new upper being submitted. It wouldn't surprise me to see a whole upper being submitted.

Look I have this upper that has everything you want, it also costs about the same as the M4A1 upper plus all those accessories.
    Last edited by sinlessorrow; 04-28-15 at 11:56.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post

There is also mention of enhanced reliability in the RFI. I wonder what the chances are of a new upper being submitted. It wouldn't surprise me to see a whole upper being submitted.

Look I have this upper that has everything you want, it also costs about the same as the M4A1 upper plus all those accessories.
    I see this as a perfect opportunity to lengthen the gas system with that new upper.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I see this as a perfect opportunity to lengthen the gas system with that new upper.
    Honeslty I wouldn't be opposed to a middy.
    Last edited by sinlessorrow; 04-28-15 at 13:12.
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Their would be 0 chance, they are trying to pass this through appropriations not as an upgrade but rather a maintenance choice. The cost in replacing all the uppers would never fly.
    Last edited by Digital_Damage; 04-28-15 at 14:00.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Honeslty I wouldn't be opposed to a middy.
    Especially not with M855A1. It would run bone dry with an H3 buffer on that mess.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    Their would be 0 chance, they are trying to pass this through appropriations not as an upgrade but rather a maintenance choice. The cost in replacing all the uppers would never fly.
    That makes sense. I've often heard modern rails would actually cost less than the KAC RIS.

Feedback Score
    ... I wonder what the chances are of a new upper being submitted. ...
    Anything is possible I suppose, but in the solicitation itself it says:
    " The M4A1+ components will seamlessly integrate with the current M4A1 Carbine (to include but not limited to the barrel, gas tube, upper receiver, bolt and bolt carrier) "
    Sounds like those are the minimum current components they want to retain?

Feedback Score
    I would love to see a middy system, along with a new forend. Preferably something lighter than the RIS II, but it would still need to be strong enough.
    I feel like swapping to keymod or m-lok wouldn't fly with the army though, given their current inventory of 1913 accessories and that they'd have to purchase a heck of a lot of rail sections.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverCat View Post
    ... I feel like swapping to keymod or m-lok wouldn't fly with the army though, given their current inventory of 1913 accessories and that they'd have to purchase a heck of a lot of rail sections.
    From the solicitation, it seems like that is what they are asking for?
    "Mounting surfaces: The improved extended forward rails shall have sufficient removable mounting surfaces of varying lengths (e.g. 3 quote mark , 5 quote mark , 7 quote mark ) to allow selective, simultaneous mounting of standard U.S. military accessories (e.g., lasers, illuminators, slings, bipods, vertical grips/grip-pods, etc.). "

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234