Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Precision Armament AFAB-Mini Flash Hider/Compensator?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Precision Armament AFAB-Mini Flash Hider/Compensator?

Anyone see this? Looks like a KAC Triple Tap at 1/4 the price. I always wanted a TT just couldn't justify the ridiculous price for them. I would love to know how well these compare!

http://precisionarmament.com/product...r-compensator/

-copied from link-
    "Combines the performance of both a dedicated flash hider and a dedicated compensator. Patent-pending AFAB™ technology employs a complex matrix of tiny passageways that slowly diffuse and cool combustion gases so you can stay on target during rapid fire engagements while effectively suppressing muzzle flash and side concussion. Closed bottom design reduces dust signature when shooting prone. Precision machined from heat treated stainless steel with an advanced Ionbond® high temperature CrCN coating for extreme durability. Features 3/32″ pilot hole for permanent pinning to bring 14.5″ barrels to legal length.

This compensator is designed to fit .223 caliber (5.56mm) AR-15/M16/M4 style rifles with 1/2-28 muzzle threads."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Haven't seen that one. That looks pretty good.

Interested to see some testing.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I was just talking to another member here about these. They look pretty good. I'll be interested to see how they perform.

Feedback Score
    Doesn't appear original at all. It's kind've sad to see this stuff going on. I tried out some MDs on a thread here a not long ago. It had another knock off of a MAMS, at $100 I'm not sure that one could be considered a poor mans MAMS. I wouldn't place high hopes on this one either.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    I was just talking to another member here about these. They look pretty good. I'll be interested to see how they perform.
    +1

I stumbled onto that last night. Might even order one.....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    Doesn't appear original at all. It's kind've sad to see this stuff going on. I tried out some MDs on a thread here a not long ago. It had another knock off of a MAMS, at $100 I'm not sure that one could be considered a poor mans MAMS. I wouldn't place high hopes on this one either.
    it wouldn't have to go on if KAC didnt act like they literally laid the golden egg! its simply not worth the $400+ they were selling it for so if someone makes similar design whats the big deal?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeith View Post
    it wouldn't have to go on if KAC didnt act like they literally laid the golden egg! its simply not worth the $400+ they were selling it for so if someone makes similar design whats the big deal?
    1) Do you have access to the R&D and manufacturing costs KAC has with regard to their products? If not, I don't see how you can pass such harsh judgment.

2) It's a business decision only KAC can make and if they choose to sell their muzzle devices for $10,000 each, then it's up to consumers to decide whether or not they will pay. It's a free market. Nobody is forced to buy any product related to AR's.

3) Competing designs are not a big deal - so long as there is no patent infringement. I welcome competition as it benefits us as buyers.
    Last edited by El Cid; 12-26-13 at 20:25.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    This thing is on my radar - looking forward to the first video review of one being put through its paces.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - John Dean "Jeff" Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Feedback Score
    This looks a lot like the Flashcomp from Griffin. Seems like the concept of the comp with tines at the end is becoming more and more popular.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradeBoris View Post
    This looks a lot like the Flashcomp from Griffin. Seems like the concept of the comp with tines at the end is becoming more and more popular.
    PWS was doing that with the FSC 556 almost five years ago.....took long enough.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast