Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Precision Armament AFAB-Mini Flash Hider/Compensator?

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by philcam View Post
    I've got one inbound. If I could find someone in the DFW area with the KAC to do a side that would be great.
    Now we're talking!
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - John Dean "Jeff" Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by philcam View Post
    I've got one inbound. If I could find someone in the DFW area with the KAC to do a side that would be great.
    Man I know I would be very interested in that review!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Slightly off-topic, but Andrew T. just published part 3 of his muzzle device testing series.

My "reference" FSC556 fared VERY well in every aspect, despite being the first true hybrid device. So, my comparisons between the AFAB and the FSC556 should still prove to be quite relevant.

http://vuurwapenblog.com/2014/01/09/...arison-part-3/
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but Andrew T. just published part 3 of his muzzle device testing series.

My "reference" FSC556 fared VERY well in every aspect, despite being the first true hybrid device. So, my comparisons between the AFAB and the FSC556 should still prove to be quite relevant.

http://vuurwapenblog.com/2014/01/09/...arison-part-3/
    Man I wish those guys could test a MAMS and an SF SOCOM brake. Thanks for the link BTJ.

This is great somebody's attempting to do some actual scientific measurement with these things.

Feedback Score
    I've been fallowing all of his muzzle device tests and I gotta say, It looks like the Battle Comp is not worth the $150 price when devices costing nearly half that perform better. It's just all hype in my opinion.

I've always been interested in the FSC556 but I've heard it can be quite concussive. I am very interested in the AFAB and hope to see a few more detailed reviews before dropping $100 on one. Please keep us updated if you come across any other reviews of the AFAB.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscenejesster View Post
    I've been fallowing all of his muzzle device tests and I gotta say, It looks like the Battle Comp is not worth the $150 price when devices costing nearly half that perform better. It's just all hype in my opinion.

I've always been interested in the FSC556 but I've heard it can be quite concussive. I am very interested in the AFAB and hope to see a few more detailed reviews before dropping $100 on one. Please keep us updated if you come across any other reviews of the AFAB.
    A little history on the BC. It was modeled after the KAC 3T. It costs 1/3 the price for pretty much the same performance. That is long before any of the BC copies started showing up for $80. The BC is not hype. I have used a bunch of the MDs in that test, and while some line up, others, like the BC, do not. I used to run the FSC556s and found them to be extremely concussive - like open-brake concussive. I tried the BCs out and after many back to back tests on multiple rifles/barrel lengths, found the BCs to be much less concussive than the FSC556s. A very repeatable, substantial difference.
    That has me questioning their data on those 2 comps.
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 01-09-14 at 20:52.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    A little history on the BC. It was modeled after the KAC 3T. It costs 1/3 the price for pretty much the same performance. That is long before any of the BC copies started showing up for $80. The BC is not hype. I have used a bunch of the MDs in that test, and while some line up, others, like the BC, do not. I used to run the FSC556s and found them to be extremely concussive - like open-brake concussive. I tried the BCs out and after many back to back tests on multiple rifles/barrel lengths, found the BCs to be much less concussive than the FSC556s. A very repeatable, substantial difference.
    I believe that the FSC556 is louder that the BC.

I don't think that data mentioned anything about the concussion from either of those comps. It was just showing the muzzle tendency.

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    See, my experience has been different regarding the BC series. I've never been a fan and have always found that they created a sharp recoil pulse, in addition to muzzle dip. Further, I have had several people with BC's on their 16" AR's eval the FSC556 on my 14.5" barrel and, unless they are shooting under a low awning or inside of a small structure (i.e. a shoothouse), they have remarked that the FSC556 and BC have similar blast for the shooter. This has been my experience as well.

I have shot many different types of chambered and ported brakes up to and including the Bennie Cooley Comp, JP space brake, Rolling Thunder Brake, Bushmaster Y-comp, et al......those were cannons. The FSC has never felt much more than an A2 to me while running the gun.

But most of my shooting is not inside of a shooting stall...it's on a police range with no benches, stalls, or roofs. Just me standing at whatever distance to the target I choose. So, for somebody who shoots in a stall regularly, I guess the BC could have some allure there.

Also, the additional recoil reduction of the FSC always afforded me less rifle movement when shooting from unorthodox positions or when off balance. The AFAB seems to replicate this quality.

As far as getting bullets on target quickly with moderate blast and very little flash, the FSC continues to be at the front of the pack. I haven't seen a BC that isn't a flamethrower (more like a flame-ring thrower) at dusk or night. My FSC only has a gentle glow and is very similar to an A2 (also as demonstrated by Vuurwapen tests).

That's my $.02. I don't think the BC is a bad product...but I don't think it ever lived up to its hype. When it debuted, it was also heavily billed as a flash reducer....it is not. It was an evolution...but it has been eclipsed by cheaper (and, in the case of the GA M4SD-II, stronger) comps that don't induce muzzle dip and don't amplify flash as much. I say this as a guy who's run several hundred rounds through guns with BC's. I never flt tempted to shell out for one....but that's just me.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Ordered the AFAB + accuwasher kit from Rainier, should have it next week. I have a M4SD-II I can compare it to, hopefully I can sneak out soon if work/weather cooperates.

Feedback Score
    I also think the BC was a good evolution in muzzle devices but had areas that could be improved, which other companies did. From my experience I wasn't a fan of the muzzle dip and recoil impulse. The FSC to be the original hybrid is still in my opinion one of the best, for the shooter the blast isn't bad and flash reduction is good. I personally think that Griffin improved on the BC with the M4SD-II Flash Comp. Flash reduction is a little better and muzzle stays flat, and a lot cheaper than the BC. I have no experience with the KAC MAMS simply because I can't afford one. I have an AFAB being pinned and welded at Rainier Arms to my BCM BFH 14.5" middy. Thanks BufordTJustice for the review, I was in the market for a muzzle device to finish this build.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast