Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Precision Armament AFAB-Mini Flash Hider/Compensator?

Feedback Score
    One thing I'm confused about? Why do you need the Accuwasher kit for this muzzle device? Doesn't it come with a crush washer? That's what I've always used and never had a problem.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscenejesster View Post
    One thing I'm confused about? Why do you need the Accuwasher kit for this muzzle device? Doesn't it come with a crush washer? That's what I've always used and never had a problem.
    Not sure, since it isn't a suppressor mount.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddler View Post
    I also think the BC was a good evolution in muzzle devices but had areas that could be improved, which other companies did. From my experience I wasn't a fan of the muzzle dip and recoil impulse. The FSC to be the original hybrid is still in my opinion one of the best, for the shooter the blast isn't bad and flash reduction is good. I personally think that Griffin improved on the BC with the M4SD-II Flash Comp. Flash reduction is a little better and muzzle stays flat, and a lot cheaper than the BC. I have no experience with the KAC MAMS simply because I can't afford one.
    I pretty much agree with you for the .308 versions of these devices too. It's kind of a wash between the FSC30 and 7.62 Flash comp for me with the BABC and MAMS noticeably worse. The MAMS does reduce the recoil a bit over the others due to the angled ports, but still doesn't reduce it anywhere near a cooley brake.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    I pretty much agree with you for the .308 versions of these devices too. It's kind of a wash between the FSC30 and 7.62 Flash comp for me with the BABC and MAMS noticeably worse. The MAMS does reduce the recoil a bit over the others due to the angled ports, but still doesn't reduce it anywhere near a cooley brake.
    So wait, you're saying the MAMS is noticeably worse than the FSC30 and 7.62 FC. Ok.
    So wait, you're saying the MAMS does reduce the recoil a bit over the others. Ok.

So wait, what ARE you saying?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    So wait, you're saying the MAMS is noticeably worse than the FSC30 and 7.62 FC. Ok.
    So wait, you're saying the MAMS does reduce the recoil a bit over the others. Ok.

So wait, what ARE you saying?
    Felt recoil in the shoulder is slightly less, but muzzle control is worse.

Feedback Score
    Felt recoil in the shoulder is slightly less, but muzzle control is worse.
    The MAMS has less felt recoil, but worse muzzle control than an FSC30? Or the other way around?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    The MAMS has less felt recoil, but worse muzzle control than an FSC30? Or the other way around?
    The FSC30 and FC both control the muzzle better (stays flatter with less climb), but you feel a bit more recoil in your shoulder. I have to re-look over my notes on the concussive blast, but IIRC the observer (10ft away to the side of the shooter) noted that the MAMS felt worse than the FSC30 and FC although the SPL measurements were all within 2.5dBA of each other.

Feedback Score
    What was your host 7.62 platform?
    I haven't seen any of the 5/8" thread MAMS ship yet, only the 3/4" thread.

On the 3/4" thread EMC/ECC, there's not a lot of muzzle device choices. I have tried a few, but nothing comes close to the MAMS in recoil reduction and muzzle stability without a huge increase in flash and concussion. This has been verified with AB39, M118LR, BH 175, GM308M2, GM762M2, and many others.

On the 5.56 side.. BCs dip and spit some fire, enough so that I wouldn't recommend it for barrels under 18". The Griffin FC needs some more refining, time will tell. The FSC line blast can be damn intense around walls and barricades. 3Ts dip the barrel noticeably on 12.5" and shorter and spit some fire. Dunno on the Aero Precision yet? The MAMS works damn well in most lengths, though I would not go shorter than 11.5", which is kind've questionable anyway. There's a lot of combo devices out there in the market now, they all compromise in different ways. Switching barrel lengths and ammo can make drastic effects on their performance.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    What was your host 7.62 platform?
    I haven't seen any of the 5/8" thread MAMS ship yet, only the 3/4" thread.
    LMT MWS 16" CL, standard M80 ball used. Rounds fired in slow single shots and a rapid group. MAMS was acquired from Boltcarrier.com. They had a bunch of 5/8"-24 MAMS in stock in Dec (and currently have more 3/4"-24 in stock now).

Doing more testing tomorrow which will lead to a video comparison. Devices testing: LMT A2 style, Griffin Armament 7.62 Flash Comp, Bad Ass Battle Comp, PWS FSC30, Knight's MAMS, and JP Cooley.

The MAMS is still a good and noticeable improvement over the stock A2, however it also doesn't stand out above any of the other devices tested as far as muzzle control goes thus far. I have nothing against the MAMS, and in fact I should be trying to convince myself it performed better since I paid for it, but these are our findings so far.
    Last edited by Plasman; 01-10-14 at 22:33.

Feedback Score
    That LMT 16" MWS with LC M80 cycles stoutly I've found. You might want to pop in a heavier buffer to make sure you're not trying to compensate with a muzzle device for the buffer bottoming out hard in the RE, or just try some other ammo like BH175 or GM762M2.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast