Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Precision Armament AFAB-Mini Flash Hider/Compensator?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Just to be sure I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that it does NOT wobble like the BCM comp?

Are you running your 18" gun on duty?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    Just to be sure I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that it does NOT wobble like the BCM comp?
    It doesn't seem to be what hes saying, unfortunately. I despise the BCM comp for that lateral movement, and currently my SR15 Mod 1 is wearing a BC. I'm hoping his FSC556/AFAB-M review is more telling and definitive. The day you do a direct comparison, do your best to have a BC on site, it is a great basis for comparison that many can relate to.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I assume he's saying that the AFAB doesn't have as much lateral wobble as the BCM....that is, I thought he meant "very little" compared to the BCM. He'll sort us out tomorrow/today.
    I liked the BCM compmod1 BUT I was only shooting at 15Y, AND only shot a handful of rounds into a blank cardboard target backer (it was Vickers' 16" BCM KMR middy); so I didn't notice the movement. My fast group of like 10rds was only 2-3" and I wasn't focusing on the target as much as the gun (my first middy), so I assumed they were GTG.
    I'm leaning towards the AFAB, but may just go back to brakes (SF and the new Lantac).

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post

Are you running your 18" gun on duty?
    Yes. It is more stable than the BCM comp.

Yes, it's my new duty upper.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Hope to have my review up soon…. Lots of good info here though already; good stuff.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by plouffedaddy View Post

Hope to have my review up soon…. Lots of good info here though already; good stuff.
    Awesome and thank you. The pressure is off of my Shitty video skills!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score

When you think a video review will be posted?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Any low light results?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    BTJustice will have a review up soon, and I think he might have some low light testimony this evening (1/15)--we'll see. I'm glad Precision Armament took my recommendation to send one to MrGunsnGear; I only recently discovered him, but he/you seem like a stand up and honest guy...just a dude, a camera, a gun, his mustang and a big ass cornfield (and sometimes the cute wife). If my friend from FDcam.com wasn't SO busy between being a LT for the fire department AND selling ruggedized fire-cams (that mount in any 1" mount hint hint), I think we could make good videos (with our combined gun knowledge, his camera and editing skills).
    Can't wait for the reviews guys; I'm pretty much sold and am only waiting for BCM to put out their KMR uppers so I can send one to Rainier and have them pull this AFAB off the shelf and pin it to my gun...so far, they won't take my money.

Feedback Score
    I am reviewing one now. It will include some video and the likes. Haven't shot it yet but will put it through the paces Friday. Machining is excellent.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast