Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Precision Armament AFAB-Mini Flash Hider/Compensator?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd like to see a head to head of this vs the Griffin Flash Comp if at all possible.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Surf;1835481]I got mine in a few days ago. Just haven't had the time. FWIW I don't do video anymore so my written opinion will have to suffice.[/QUOT

No problem, and thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    Just contacted Griffin, will see if I can make it happen. We will also have videos.

Feedback Score
    I must admit the machining on this thing is top rate.

So nice I decided to build a rifle for it. When I finished the upper I did not have good lighting for pics of the entire rifle . I will post up some pics of the complete rifle in the custom build area when I can get some good pics.

A couple of teaser pics for now.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I must admit the machining on this thing is top rate.

So nice I decided to build a rifle for it. When I finished the upper I did not have good lighting for pics of the entire rifle . I will post up some pics of the complete rifle in the custom build area when I can get some good pics.

A couple of teaser pics for now.

That was what struck me first.....lots of machine time for the AFAB. Every corner of every block on the exterior portion of the blast chamber is radiused.

Also, sweet rig you got there.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Well DMVeirgever got this AFAB in the other day, and I got some time on it yesterday. Initial impressions are the quality of workmanship, but above all it's just smooth. I'm working on a full length review right now, hopefully should have something for you all to read this weekend. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this thing rivals BCM and Battlecomp's offerings
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Precision Armament uploaded a vid of the AFAB yesterday for those interested.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzook View Post
    Well DMVeirgever got this AFAB in the other day, and I got some time on it yesterday. Initial impressions are the quality of workmanship, but above all it's just smooth. I'm working on a full length review right now, hopefully should have something for you all to read this weekend. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this thing rivals BCM and Battlecomp's offerings
    I was thinking about what you touched on in your last sentence the other day.

I think the BC is going to be more appropriate for violent actions...like over gassed guns, carbine gas 16" guns, etc.

I think that is what makes it too much for well balanced guns like middies, intermediate gas, rifle gas, guns running a Vltor A5 system, etc.

The BC works well for guns that buck a little....for guns that don't, the AFAB seems to be very well balanced.

For my 18" RA mountain series barrel with rifle gas and the Vltor a5 system, the AFAB seems to work very well. The dot of my T1 just vibrated on target, regardless of distance. Made standing shots at 50 yards and further very easy because you can both relax and have the ability to deliver fast follow up shots on target. You used to have to pick between the two.

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That's an excellent observation and one that I had not thought of before, I have a 16" Larue PredatAR that this is on right now but I also have an 11.5 and 12.5 inch guns that I can try it on as well, so we will see! I haven't shot this at night yet so I can't speak to the flash hiding capability, but it is a joy to shoot. I've honestly always hated comps because of the concussion but I didn't mind this one at all
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzook View Post
    That's an excellent observation and one that I had not thought of before, I have a 16" Larue PredatAR that this is on right now but I also have an 11.5 and 12.5 inch guns that I can try it on as well, so we will see! I haven't shot this at night yet so I can't speak to the flash hiding capability, but it is a joy to shoot. I've honestly always hated comps because of the concussion but I didn't mind this one at all
    Agreed. The blast is very mild.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast