Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Precision Armament AFAB-Mini Flash Hider/Compensator?

Feedback Score
    The review by MrGunsGear made it seam like the Accuwasher's came with the AFAB.....Is this true or do you have to purchase them separate?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscenejesster View Post
    The review by MrGunsGear made it seam like the Accuwasher's came with the AFAB.....Is this true or do you have to purchase them separate?
    Separate purchase.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscenejesster View Post
    I apologize if it came off like that; I'll put an annotation in the video.

Feedback Score
    As others have said the are seperate but on average do 9 MD's.

I DO NOT get paid for my reviews.

Feedback Score
    I ordered mine with the Accuwashers, but my barrel had a slight radius on it and the washers would not seat proper. I ended up using a standard tapper crush washer with no ill effects. I checked the break after the first shot, and periodically after the first shot. No problems to date. And yes the exit hole is quite tight on this break.
    I could have tapered the hole on the Accuwasher but it would have been hit or miss with them. I guess I just got lucky with the crush washer.
    Maybe just a marketing ploy... who knows, I just know mine works, and it does what it should do. Not a single mark on the hole.
    But only 200 rounds through it so far. Maybe this weekend I can put another couple hundred rounds through it. I'll keep you posted.
    Last edited by Dino11; 02-13-14 at 20:30.

Feedback Score
    I think it would be a good idea to make sure it is as true and concentric as possible. I wouldn't trust a crush washer.

Feedback Score
    I used Surefire shims with mine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino11 View Post
    I ordered mine with the Accuwashers, but my barrel had a slight radius on it and the washers would not seat proper. I ended up using a standard tapper crush washer with no ill effects. I checked the break after the first shot, and periodically after the first shot. No problems to date. And yes the exit hole is quite tight on this break.
    I could have tapered the hole on the Accuwasher but it would have been hit or miss with them. I guess I just got lucky with the crush washer.
    Maybe just a marketing ploy... who knows, I just know mine works, and it does what it should do. Not a single mark on the hole.
    But only 200 rounds through it so far. Maybe this weekend I can put another couple hundred rounds through it. I'll keep you posted.
    One of my N barrels had a radius. A quick spin of a unibit in the DeWalt made a nice 32nd size 45 inside the washer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah, I have like a 6-shim kit from AAC that I hope to use. But I found a local gunsmith who can do it for $15--though perhaps he doesn't do as good a job as all those $40-50 places online (he's doing it for the cost of shipping one way!).

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I think the main lesson here is to use some kind of shim kit. If its good enough to use with a suppressor, I'd call it gtg for the AFAB.

A others have said, i would not trust a crush washer. There is a reason that most premium suppressor makers DO NOT use them. That's a hint.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 02-14-14 at 10:08.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast