Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Precision Armament AFAB-Mini Flash Hider/Compensator?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by E-man930 View Post
    Either way the design shows promise...
    I'm definitely interested in hearing how this one does. It's just pointless to start comparing appearances. These days, everyone seems to be copying someone to some extent. The only truly original ideas for combination comps that I've seen in the last few years were the PWS FSC556, the KAC triple tap & KAC MAMS. Features of these have been incorporated into numerous other designs.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    I'm definitely interested in hearing how this one does. It's just pointless to start comparing appearances. These days, everyone seems to be copying someone to some extent. The only truly original ideas for combination comps that I've seen in the last few years were the PWS FSC556, the KAC triple tap & KAC MAMS. Features of these have been incorporated into numerous other designs.
    Agreed.

The design concept that interests me is that the blast chamber proper has its exit apertures (whose shape I cannot see until I get it in my hands) surrounded by a network of square blocks. I wonder what, if any effect this may have on the mitigation of flash. Hell, it may even make it worse....I dunno till I shoot it.

BUT, at least it is truly different from a manufacturing standpoint. We'll soon find out if it was different because it's better or different for the sake of being different.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Agreed.

The design concept that interests me is that the blast chamber proper has its exit apertures (whose shape I cannot see until I get it in my hands) surrounded by a network of square blocks. I wonder what, if any effect this may have on the mitigation of flash. Hell, it may even make it worse....I dunno till I shoot it.

BUT, at least it is truly different from a manufacturing standpoint. We'll soon find out if it was different because it's better or different for the sake of being different.
    E-man930 and I were talking about this recently. The exterior grid appears to be part of the design according to the description. Looking forward to getting a better idea of the design once you get it in hand and get a few rounds through it. Thanks for being the guinea pig, E-man930 and I appreciate someone taking the leap of faith so we didn't have to!
    Last edited by mtdawg169; 12-29-13 at 17:19.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    E-man930 and I were talking about this recently. The exterior grid appears to be part of the design according to the description. Looking forward to getting a better idea of the design once you get it in hand and get a few rounds through it. Thanks for being the guinea pig, E-man930 and I appreciate someone taking the leap of faith so we didn't have to! :beer:
    No prob.

I'll get some pix of it up with the camera on "macro" prior to install. I'm no Stickman, but they'll be on-par with the pix in my Rainier Arms 15" Evo rail thread.

I'M EXCITE!!!!!!
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Really looking forward to seeing how this performs...Always appreciate your input BufordTJustice!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ffusaf23 View Post
    Really looking forward to seeing how this performs...Always appreciate your input BufordTJustice!
    I do what I can for the community. I'm on a Deputy's salary...which means that there are janitors in the County school system that make more than I do. But I do love the black rifle.

Incurable case of the disease.

Feedback Score
    I am also intrigued by these. I was thinking of picking up a Battlecomp 2.0 in the near future, but seeing as that whole project is on hold, I may be interested in one of these when the time comes.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    Well? No overnight shipping?? Let's see the reviews!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I noticed that PA has several new pix on the product page.

http://precisionarmament.com/product...r-compensator/

There is a pic of some night shooting. However, we don't know the distance from the MD, F-stop, lens used, body used, if a light meter was employed, etc.....so without knowing all that it's certainly less than scientific. BUT, at least it's not a pic of the AFAB throwing a bunch of flames and PA telling you that it "won't affect your night vision as the shooter". I've heard that bullshit line before......

AFAB should be on my doorstep Thursday. Also arriving will be PA's muzzle alignment shim kit.

Feedback Score
    Sounds good. I've been using that same shim kit exclusively since it came out. It freakin rocks in both 1/2 & 5/8.
    Whoever came up with it needs a raise.

Anybody care to take a guess on their photo of the "leading" FH/Comp?
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 12-31-13 at 17:50.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast