Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Precision Armament AFAB-Mini Flash Hider/Compensator?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    Thanks. I must be losing it. I'll just attribute it to muzzle device overload.
    An all-too-common disease these days.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    An all-too-common disease these days.
    No kidding. I'm sitting on a Flash Comp right now and have a MAMS and Battlecomp currently mounted.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    No kidding. I'm sitting on a Flash Comp right now and have a MAMS and Battlecomp currently mounted.
    I really like the idea and design behind the MAMS. I haven't seen one in person or shot one, but it looks like another design that will be copied for quite some time to come (familiar ground for KAC).
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I should probably comment on the accu-washer. It is an outstanding system and one which I will use on every brake/comp I install from now on. It was stupid simple and was very easy to find which one to use. I ordered my set from Brownells (and picked up some FireClean as well...my new fav lube).

The accuwasher set isn't cheap, but it guarantees you don't have to gorilla your damn muzzle device on. Grant has said it, and it has been my experience as well, putting too much torque on your muzzle device is a sure fire way to DESTROY the accuracy of a good barrel. This is an organized system that allows you to not only perfectly time any muzzle device, but to guarantee a reasonable torque limit to achieve that perfect timing.

I'm very pleased with it.
    This is exactly my experience as well. All my rifles have these washers on them. Pretty much perfection without wrecking your muzzle.

Something to watch for - I have had two barrels that had a rounded shoulder/neck vs. a hard sharp 90. The I.D. of these washers stay pretty close in diameter to the muzzle threads, and the inside edge of the washers were actually sitting on the curve of the shoulder, instead of sitting perfectly flat on them. I could see light between the washer and the shoulder. I quickly solved this by 45'ing the inside edge of one side of the washer ( a very tiny amount did it, like a 64th inch bevel.) Just something to watch for. One barrel was a stainless Noveske, the other was a LW DD barrel. My other bunches of barrels I have had a sharp shoulder.

Real tempted to pick one of these up fer shits. But geez I've got a ton of MDs already. This thing's a heavy bitch at 3oz. But then, my SF MDs are pretty heavy.
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 01-02-14 at 23:27.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    This is exactly my experience as well. All my rifles have these washers on them. Pretty much perfection without wrecking your muzzle.

Something to watch for - I have had two barrels that had a rounded shoulder/neck vs. a hard sharp 90. The I.D. of these washers stay pretty close in diameter to the muzzle threads, and the inside edge of the washers were actually sitting on the curve of the shoulder, instead of sitting perfectly flat on them. I could see light between the washer and the shoulder. I quickly solved this by 45'ing the inside edge of one side of the washer ( a very tiny amount did it, like a 64th inch bevel.) Just something to watch for. One barrel was a stainless Noveske, the other was a LW DD barrel. My other bunches of barrels I have had a sharp shoulder.

Real tempted to pick one of these up fer shits. But geez I've got a ton of MDs already. This thing's a heavy bitch at 3oz. But then, my SF MDs are pretty heavy.
    Good looking out. My RA Mountain 18" barrel had a very square shoulder for the washer to seat against.

As for the weight, I freaked a bit. It just seemed awfully heavy....until I started weighing muzzle devices. My FSC556 (current fav MD) weighs 3oz. The GA M4SD-II weighs between 3.1 and 3.3oz depending on who weighs it. The SF can-mounts weigh just under 3oz. The BE Meyers and Vortex flash hiders were surprisingly heavy.

At that point, I realized that the additional weight would be worth it if the MD performs as-advertised.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Everything about it, from what you've posted, looks very interesting to me. I'm hopeful about how it shoots now, so I'm looking forward to that review next. If all is well I'll have to pick one up before they raise the price, which inevitably happens just before I ever want to purchase anything.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, wondering how this compares to a MAMS, BC and the Griffin.
    Everything you hear about the MAMS is great, but you want to make sure it's just not folks justifying the entry fee they just shelled out. Same when the 3T came out "it blows the BC away." Now most folks that have both say they cannot tell the difference. And now, people say the Griffin behaves just like the BC. So which is it? Does an $80 Griffin behave the exact same as a $400 3T?
    I don't mind spending cash on better stuff, if it is, indeed, better. I don't like buying stuff just for a logo. Not knocking KAC in any way - I know why the 3T is expensive. I also know the MAMS has some pretty unique rearward-facing angles on its holes. The question is, does any of this make a tangible diff?

Feedback Score
    I wonder how loud it is?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I won't get to shoot it till next week....at the earliest.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    Does an $80 Griffin behave the exact same as a $400 3T?
    *Personal opinion disclosure*
    The MAMS is better to me, but I don't know if any muzzle device is worth a $200 premium.
    Last edited by mtdawg169; 01-03-14 at 15:49.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast