Thread: Lightweight build

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Lightweight build

Just got done putting this one together as a Christmas gift.

16" Daniel Defense LW, mid length, CHF barrel
    DD FA BCG
    BCM upper receiver
    Noveske 11" NSR handguard
    Troy gas block
    Magpul MBUS sights
    BCM 1.0 comp/hider
    LMT Defender 2000 lower
    BCM Gunfighter grip
    Magpul MOE stock
    Noveske QD sling plate/Noveske NSR QD Keymod swivel
    H-Buffer
    VCAS sling
    Grovtec QD D-Rings

Total weight was 6.6lbs with sling. Super happy with the build. Shot it today to break it in, zero it, and play a little and it has almost zero recoil. The new owner is VERY happy with it. Not sure what optic, I am trying to get him to go with an Aimpoint H1 to keep the light weight theme going, but I think he might want to go with something like the Leupold VXR Patrol 1.25-4 that I have on one of my guns. Dont know yet, going to let him shoot both optics and see what he likes best.

I believe I am firmly in the light weight camp and am already planning a similar build for myself.

No pics of the lower since I forgot to take some, but it looks like a standard lower.

Feedback Score
    It looks like a nice selection of parts and should serve the end user quite well.

I too am a fan of LW rigs. A number of years ago I built this:

Colt internals with a 2 stage RRA match trigger, Ace LW stock and carbon fiber handguard. I topped it with an old school TA01 with original ranging reticle (still my favorite ACOG reticle, due to its more precise nature at extended ranges). I skipped Irons, flashlight mounts, etc to save weight. It was built with the intention of being a lightweight hunting/ Coyote calling rifle. Overall, due to its light weight and ease of carry, it quickly became a favorite hunting gun and I cannot count the number of offers I have had to give it up. I need to build a few more just like it for friends.

From Mule deer to Jackrabbits, it is a smooth shooting, killing machine.
    THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Nice set up. I like a light rifle for .223