Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many sbr owners without suppressors?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    HMAC, you've got to consider the AMSDORF, I mean source. Cough cough.

My SCAR 16/17s, with 16" barrels and factory brakes were FAR louder than my 10.5" SBR AR (all unsuppressed).
    I would agree with this. The SBR was not any more brutal. Hell I get a kick out of reading the whining on the 7.5" upper thread. Some of you guys clearly suffer from Low T

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    For reference, ptmccain = AMSDORF on several forums.

Been banned from SOCNET, CMP forum, FN forum, and pretty much every other forum.

Even quality forums like "gun hub".

http://gunhub.com/handguns/58919-col...emo-video.html

Just search AMSDORF banned. It's all there for the reading - make your own evaluation.

Just had to be said.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 12-29-13 at 17:23.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    And now a gentle nudge back to SBR's sans cans.....

Feedback Score
    I only have one can for my four SBR's and they were easy to shoot without one.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by veeklog View Post
    I only have one can for my four SBR's and they were easy to shoot without one.
    Same, I have 3 SBRs and they are fine without. Only have one suppressor for them,

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I've got 4 different SBR lowers (12.5" w/ Surefire brake, 11.5" w/ A2, two 9" 300 BLK w/ flash hiders) and none have cans due to state law in MN. Given the opportunity, I absolutely would have a can for the .30 cal and one for the 5.56 uppers. I've never felt like I NEEDED one nor have I felt like I was missing anything by not having a can for it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeh. If they were legal here, I'd have one for the novelty if nothing else. But even without, it's just not a big deal to me. I did an Urban Tactics course several years ago. My scenario partner all day had a 10.5 SBR with Surefire brake. I spent all day in his "blast radius" without ill effect (except for getting me on the SBR bandwagon). I've had flash bangs go off at my feet. That is distracting. SBR with BattleComp? Not so much. "Effectively take me out of the fight"? Uh, no.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    If you have to use it in a confined space I think the blast would be so concussive it would effectively take you out if the fight

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    LOL you've got to be freaking joking. To me it's worse shooting (outside) my 1911 than my sbr without ear pro, which I've done when having to dispatch a critter and forgetting to don earpro. If noise takes you out of a fight you were never in the fight to begin with.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jknopp44 View Post
    If this affects any such as this, please stick to knitting and bird watching. In my experience its entirely tolerable.
    Don't feed the troll, the guy is a freaking blight on this forum, and I can't even comprehend how he hasn't been banned yet.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    OK, well, aside from ad hominems here...

Let me try to clarify my point.

If you are using an unsuppressed SBR AR without hearing protection in a confined space, like a house, etc. you are putting yourself at a distinct disadvantage. You may well stun yourself out of the fight after a round or two from the SBR, for that matter, any AR going off in a confined space. Your hearing will be useless.

Do a Google search on the subject and you'll find plenty of other conversations, even on this forum, on this very point that support my assertion.
    Last edited by ptmccain; 12-30-13 at 06:43.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast