Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Moving away from Shotgun to AR for HD?

Feedback Score
    Gentlemen (& Ladies),
    I too have re-read the whole conversation and I have realized I was way out of line. I misinterpreted the "retarded" and "moronic" statements. And I would like to apologize for my behavior to the entire M4C community and especially to C4, who I now realize was just trying to help me. It was unacceptable, petty, and I am truly ashamed.
    In the future I intend to be sure of something before speaking and to know someone's meaning before replying.
    I know I've not been here (M4C) long, but as my fellow countrymen and gun owners, you all truly are my friends.

sent from my secure, NSA proof satellite uplink.
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick." -Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt, 26th US President
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -Gen. James Mattis, USMC (Ret.)

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soldier_twiggy View Post
    Gentlemen (& Ladies),
    I too have re-read the whole conversation and I have realized I was way out of line. I misinterpreted the "retarded" and "moronic" statements. And I would like to apologize for my behavior to the entire M4C community and especially to C4, who I now realize was just trying to help me. It was unacceptable, petty, and I am truly ashamed.
    In the future I intend to be sure of something before speaking and to know someone's meaning before replying.
    I know I've not been here (M4C) long, but as my fellow countrymen and gun owners, you all truly are my friends.

sent from my secure, NSA proof satellite uplink.
    Well done, now I can respect that.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    The problem with this idea is that you won't know if the "bump in the night" is a serial killer or just someone after cash. As we see today, people like to break into homes while people are there. While most of these home invasions are after money (and not killing), one never knows which of the two you are going to get. I follow Kyle Defoor's threat continuum mentality (which differs greatly from the LE view) in that I ALWAYS assume the worst case scenario and DE-ESCALATE the situation down from there. In LE, your threat escalation goes from verbal commands, to non-lethal and then lethal. Something to consider.

I never took you for anything other than what you are, nor did I think you jumped anyone. The written word is often times difficult to understand without facial expressions and tone in ones voice.

As others have pointed out, background in the Military has little to do with defensive one man room clearing. If you have never had training from recognized experts in this field, you don't know what you don't know. When I advised you that what you were saying was incorrect, you assumed that I came of this POV/info from myself. This is incorrect. The info I shared comes from the best in the industry in regards to defense in the home. I was simply regurgitating it for your benefit. Your background and knowledge does NOT trump theirs.

Clearing your home ALONE is defensive (slow methodical pieing of each corner). Offensive room clearing is dynamic in nature and typically involves two or more people.

I am a huge fan of the barricade, dial 911 and let them come to me idea as spending countless hours in kill houses has taught me that room clearing alone is a dangerous proposition at best.

Good luck in your future LE career.

C4
    Actually it starts where ever the officer needs it to start at based on the circumstances at hand. And verbal, etc is always if feasible.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Actually it starts where ever the officer needs it to start at based on the circumstances at hand. And verbal, etc is always if feasible.
    Understand. I was using the normal (no alarm bells) interaction between an officer and a citizen and things go south from there.

C4

Feedback Score
    I have my preferences for HD, but am by no means an expert. I will say from experience that during a felony car stop one night in LA as the riots were winding down, the sound that emitted from pressing the bolt catch on my M16A1 and letting the BCG slam forward to chamber a round was every bit as loud and just as much an attention getter as racking the slide on a pump shotgun.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I know the hatchet was buried but a good learning point on the SG discussion can be made when it comes to maintaining noise discipline or giving it up at a calculated time / situation. We should consider that surprise and noise discipline can offer a huge tactical advantage, a virtual win/loss game changing advantage. As the situation plays out and should the necessity arise to perhaps address a threat, well we can easily make noise. Giving up noise discipline and a potential tactical advantage as a default move at the onset of any situation, ie. racking a shotgun, may be a very bad move. A potentially fatal one.

Making noise is easy enough. Unmaking noise, not so much.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415