Thread: My 14.5 Mega arms build. 5.56

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Very nice! How does it shoot?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JD42 View Post
    Very nice! How does it shoot?
    Shoots great JD. Thanks for asking. No problems the other day burning some old ammo.

I updated with some pics. Also switched over to a handstop for a while. I want to see what feels better for a long day of shooting. I found that the VFG is great for when things start to heat up but my accuracy suffers a bit compared to the few rounds I shot with the handstop. I didnt get a lot of time with the handstop so I will get a better feel for it next time.

Feedback Score
    My favorite brand lower from aesthetic perspective.

Assuming most lowers are forged then run on a CNC mill using a program that is widely available on the internet...and as long as you are using decent aluminum alloy and milling to mil-spec's.....what's the difference anyway....

It's like comparing Ford and Chevy.
    Last edited by jethead; 01-19-14 at 13:37.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jethead View Post
    My favorite brand lower from aesthetic perspective.

Assuming most lowers are forged then run on a CNC mill using a program that is widely available on the internet...and as long as you are using decent aluminum alloy what's the difference anyway....
    I take it you've never owned / built up a MEGA lower? Those that have, know very well the differences.

Feedback Score
    No never owned a Mega but having owned several other brands, there are some pro's and cons's to every brand and in my OPINION it comes down to 6 of one half a dozen of another.

Next week some new guy will come along and that will be the best till the next week.

Am I missing something?

I simply stated that Mega's are my favorite lower aesthetically. I like the logo.

Feedback Score
    Nope - MEGA surprised everybody many, many years ago with their forged lowers - long before their billet stuff came out.
    Hardly a "next week" manufacturing company.

Feedback Score
    Please don't let my super low post count make you think I'm a newb or an idiot.

I'm aware of when Mega came out.

However there is nothing "new" to their builds besides the cool logo.

Same alloy aluminum as practically everyone else.

Forging then machining except for their billet line.

Milled to mil-spec...

What's so special?

And I never said they would be gone next week. However I've been around long enough to know that the cool lower to have was a Bushmaster, now it seems as if Bushmaster is almost a dirty word.....

So, you said those who have owned one would know very well what makes them different.

What is it? Specifically?

To the OP, I like your gun. It's bad ass. I'd love to own it. No offense meant.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jethead View Post
    Please don't let my super low post count make you think I'm a newb or an idiot.

I'm aware of when Mega came out.

However there is nothing "new" to their builds besides the cool logo.

Same alloy aluminum as practically everyone else.

Forging then machining except for their billet line.

Milled to mil-spec...

What's so special?

And I never said they would be gone next week. However I've been around long enough to know that the cool lower to have was a Bushmaster, now it seems as if Bushmaster is almost a dirty word.....

So, you said those who have owned one would know very well what makes them different.

What is it? Specifically?

To the OP, I like your gun. It's bad ass. I'd love to own it. No offense meant.
    None taken. And other than it having an ambi bolt release, which a few other recievers have, they really are no better or worst than anything else made of the same materials. I just like the way the set looks. Really what it comes down to. Its all good fellas

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 46and2 View Post
    None taken. And other than it having an ambi bolt release, which a few other recievers have, they really are no better or worst than anything else made of the same materials. I just like the way the set looks. Really what it comes down to. Its all good fellas
    Nice, I was unaware it had the ambi bolt release, from your description I assumed it was just the safety that was ambi. Would you mind posting another pic of the other side of the lower?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Here's the other side.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast