Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best .22 Upper?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Anyone know if a Ceiner kit will fit in a DPMS .22 upper? I have a rifle with a DPMS upper and I like it, but it appears that DPMS is going to continue to drag their feet on the 30 round mags.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Anyone know if a Ceiner kit will fit in a DPMS .22 upper? I have a rifle with a DPMS upper and I like it, but it appears that DPMS is going to continue to drag their feet on the 30 round mags.
    The Ceiner kit has a smooth-bore insert which fills the standard .223/5.56 chamber. It also acts as the chamber for the .22LR round.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    I have a V-22 upper that's been great. I've read about reliablity issues and firing out of battery, but mine's been awesome (knock on wood).

The only downfall is they only have 10 round mags.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anyone know if the BDM 30 rd mags will work in a CZ V-22 Upper??

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
    Anyone know if the BDM 30 rd mags will work in a CZ V-22 Upper??
    Not yet. They are planned down the road, IIRC.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    BDM has said that hi-cap mags for the vz-22 and the 261 are his next priority. Until then, however, ceiner is your only option for 22 conv. with hi-cap mags, and will continue to be the only option for FA.

I suggest you just get a 22lr barrel form any of the better vendors on the boards in whatever length you want and then you can just build your upper just like you would any other AR upper. Your options are limitless.

Mine:

I originally built this upper because I love 22's, but with the price of 556 now and the pace at which I seem to shoot it up , this upper has proven to be priceless.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Bell View Post
    Looking for a 22 upper, I want to be able to outfit it into as close a set up as my M-4gery. Rail, VFG, light, etc.

So, here are the criterea I have come up with, if anyone knows of something I am missing, or who makes the best, help appreciated.

1. Reliable
    2. Correct Rifling for 22 LR
    3. Abiltity to hang junk on it.
    4. Easily acquired magazines.
    5. Easily maintaned magazines.
    6. Spare parts avaiablitly.
    I know this is a little late considering we're already on page two.. but incase you're still looking...

1.) http://youtube.com/profile?user=Ech01SpikesTactical <-- 14/23 videos are of our 22 full auto with Black dog Mags

2.) A3 flat top with 16" 1x16 twist chrome moly barrel

3.) We carry the rails that you would need. You could essentially build a complete rifle when you order it. And we will normally give you a pretty good price for a complete rifle to your liking.

4.) We have ordered 500 Black Dog Full Body Mags (with our own logos on them)

5.) Check out all the posts on the Black Dog Mags

6.) Spike's Tactical Machine Shop is a AR15 nirvana =)

This is Spike's personal FA 22LR AR15...
    (thats our new Havoc 37mm...its been finalized in Black.)

Respectively, I am sure that all the kind gentlenmen and ladies whom are dealers on this website also have alot to offer. This is just my opinion that we have a perfect fit for all of your necessities on building your 22. Good luck fellow 22 fanatic!
    Spike's Tactical Sales Associate

"These are lessons learned when time is short and warning. We answered the call without hesitation and never gave to doubt any thought o'failure.
    They faced us with steel and we responded in kind. For there is no difference except for the belief"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234