Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experiences with recent production Trijicon MRO?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Experiences with recent production Trijicon MRO?

Do the recent, 2017, production MRO's still exhibit the blue-tint and fish-eye effect of some of the early MRO's? Most of the reviews I have found came out when the MRO was first announced and it appears that Trijicon may have made some changes to the sight since then. Also, anyone have an experience with Trijion's new 1/3 co-witness mount?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm curious about this also.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    The biggest problem I have seen consistently (through 4 2 day training classes) is the mro seems to exhibit the highest parallax shift when compared to other red dots. The mro shooters consistently throw more shots when moving and shooting or in different shooting positions that aren't the normal straight ahead range drills.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    The biggest problem I have seen consistently (through 4 2 day training classes) is the mro seems to exhibit the highest parallax shift when compared to other red dots. The mro shooters consistently throw more shots when moving and shooting or in different shooting positions that aren't the normal straight ahead range drills.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Interesting...

Feedback Score
    CONS
    Parallax shift.
    Fish eye effect.
    Distortion.
    Color/tint.
    Obscures FOV with clunky housing.
    Not true 1x optic.

PROS
    Price

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Think I'll stay with Aimpoints for the time being.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey Oregon 45, your inbox is full, you cannot receive PMs about the light you have for sale.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JJHNSN View Post
    CONS
    Parallax shift.
    Fish eye effect.
    Distortion.
    Color/tint.
    Obscures FOV with clunky housing.
    Not true 1x optic.

PROS
    Price
    The MRO has forged 7075 aluminum housing which is stronger and more expensive to produce than 6061. Only the Aimpoint M5 uses 7075 aluminum.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJHNSN View Post
    CONS
    Parallax shift.
    Fish eye effect.
    Distortion. Negligible
    Color/tint. Every RDS has some level tint, the T-1 exhibits more in my opinion than the MRO
    Obscures FOV with clunky housing. Well known as having the largest FOV next to say an Eotech. The illum knob on top is a moot point considering its on the sides of T1/T2 and therefore takes up the same of physical space.
    Not true 1x optic. You said that already with "Distortion", and it's barely (if at all) noticeable FYI

PROS
    Price
    My two cents

Feedback Score
    The truth is, in a stressful situation most people will not notice the fish eye, distortion, tint, etc. They're noticeable only if you stare at it against an Aimpoint for long period of time.

Yes we all know Aimpoint is better but not everyone has the budget to buy one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast