Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F$#@! Cerberus corp

Feedback Score

F$#@! Cerberus corp

Alright-- so it's now pretty much open game on Cerberus Capital Management group--it's fairly common knowledge by this point the old Harper Vision hat that's done an absolute bonzo job with Chrysler so far, has decide to rebound from a blown Navy computer contract into civilian arms.

With Remington losing their top production manager leaving for Kimber two years ago, the company found itself in a lurch, leaning on support from Harper until Cerberus absorbed them early last year.
    Since then it's been a buy'er market for'em also enveloping Cobb mfg. and Bushmaster...
    Only common sense says this is for the modular systems offered by by Cobb and Bushmaster while relying on the plastics industry with Chrysler to turn out polymer parts for the weapons. Remington introduces a market and tries to build a defense contract off the Cobb name.

What's otherwise been softly spoken about are Remington's investments into Marlin-- buying out the old lever action company quietly in Dec of '07. Likewise this includes other Marlin holds such as New England Firearms, L.C. Smith, and Harrington & Richardson.
    And to my great surprise, but not so much surprise...nor any great loss, they also bought in Dec, '07; Defense Procurement Manufacturing Services (DPMS), which explains their sudden hike in prices, product line, and backordered receivers.

The shit stinks--
    Am I the only person to feel that an investment corp, who's already bungled one defense contract and a car company has no business getting into the arms business?
    In the very least, those toys we've been looking forward such as the ACR/Masada are just gonna be, at best novelt props like the XCR or SIG 556-- or, at worst; complete Edsels.
    The pool works either way-- the gun's a bust or it's pushed back indefinitely, Magpul screwed out of even offering the development to someone else thanks to copyrighting and contracts with Cerberus.

Rumor mill has it both Ruger and S&W are being looked at next, while smaller small arms corps-- including LAR-- are also being considered. Stevens/Savage is looking at a bid right now--the accutrigger's patent runs out soon enough and clones are already appearing on the market.

With Remington's ties to the ammunition market, the rapid introduction of new cartridges, and Hornady's rising popularity-- I'd be worried that Carberus will start stalking them as well.
    Its a dog eat dog world out there,and I'm wearing milkbone underwear..

Feedback Score
    To be fair, Chrysler was ****ed up long before Cereberus bought it. It was ****ed up before the Krauts bought it, they made the problems at Chrysler worse and then dumped the company (pretty cheap too) to Cereberus.

Forgive my ignorance, but do capital investment groups fall under the watch of anti-trust laws? It is a little disturbing that they are buying up all the American small arms manufacturers.

Feedback Score

It makes me wonder

If some multibillionare George Soro's type is working in the shadows.They could buy and shutdown what they could'nt outright outlaw.
    Its a dog eat dog world out there,and I'm wearing milkbone underwear..

Feedback Score
    You do know that one of Cerberus's Principles is an ardent hunter and gun owner right?

I'm perfectly fine with someone with the Money and Management experience building an American alterative to the Herstal Group [Browning, Winchester Firearms, FNH USA], not sure why you have an issue with it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Arrow

at least the Cerberus folks have the u.s. retail market in mind.

look at the damage those english private equity guys did to Heckler & Koch.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    From what I have been led to understand, the core group of guys that run Cerberus are gun guys.

You might want to loosen the chinstrap on your tinfoil hat.

Feedback Score
    Yes, Chrysler was ****ed up and would have gone under if it hadn’t been for the military buying their crap Dodge pickups that lasted a few thousand miles in the 80’s. I was in the Army and couldn’t believe how much a POS those things were.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AirCavBob View Post
    Yes, Chrysler was ****ed up and would have gone under if it hadn’t been for the military buying their crap Dodge pickups that lasted a few thousand miles in the 80’s. I was in the Army and couldn’t believe how much a POS those things were.
    Or how about all of the K-cars that they stuck all kinds of Federally funded progams with

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I am moving this thread to GD.

Feedback Score
    My concern is so many civilian arms manufacturers under one company.

All they have to do is absorb more and more companies and then when the political wind is right cease production of all their civilian arms and we just lost a lot of our means of defense, and its that much easier to disarm us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast