Thread: Georgia Switchblade Laws

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    83 (100%)

Georgia Switchblade Laws

I've heard that you may legally own a switchblade in Georgia, but not carry. I've also heard that you can carry. Anyone know what the law is in Georgia concerning automatic/switchblade knife carry? I'm guessing that open carry is legal, but concealed it not. However, I would hate to guess wrong!

Feedback Score
    I don't personally have any info for you, but here's a decent starting point...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switchblade

The state y/n list has links to copies of each state's code.

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    Thanks, but already been there. As I read the actual Georgia statutes, the only reference to "switchblades" I find is mainly limited to schools. Also, there is a reference to "offensive and defensive" knives not being legal to conceal.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd suggest you contact an attorney, or perhaps the GBI and ask for clarification. Good luck!

-RD62

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I swear to God. Humans are basically Retards as a whole. How an automatic feature on a knife makes it any more or less lethal, and thus worthy of legislation, is beyond stupid.

I think automatic knives where the shit to me when I was a 3rd grader.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    I swear to God. Humans are basically Retards as a whole. How an automatic feature on a knife makes it any more or less lethal, and thus worthy of legislation, is beyond stupid.

I think automatic knives where the shit to me when I was a 3rd grader.
    If you look at the statues then you'll see most of the weapons laws in the United States are an attempt to take the tools-of-the-trade away from criminals (we'll leave the 'race' issue out of this one for now, e.g., the Gun Control Act of 1968). Switchblades were all the rage with street gangs back in the 1950's. Ban switchblades and the street gangs would lose their tendancy for violence, right?