Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Georgia Switchblade Laws

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by donr101395 View Post
    That one right there should be enough to make you not want the hassle of proving that it was an unreasonable person who thought you were a cop.
    I concur. My thinking is the the CWP badge should never be seen unless the weapon had to be drawn and an LE is approaching. I wonder now if weapon on the ground and hands-on-top-of-the-head is smarter than "look at this shiny thing and don't shoot me."

I just cancelled the order for the CWP badge....I should have blown off my buddy. Instructor or not, it does seem like a bad idea.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBody View Post
    I wonder now if weapon on the ground and hands-on-top-of-the-head is smarter than "look at this shiny thing and don't shoot me."
    I think this is the way to go.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I concur. My thinking is the the CWP badge should never be seen unless the weapon had to be drawn and an LE is approaching. I wonder now if weapon on the ground and hands-on-top-of-the-head is smarter than "look at this shiny thing and don't shoot me."

I just cancelled the order for the CWP badge....I should have blown off my buddy. Instructor or not, it does seem like a bad idea.

Glad I could help. I think your new approach would be looked at in a better light

Feedback Score
    I think the whole badge thing is retarded. I got one of those mailings to and gave it all the attention it deserves....I shredded it.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    I hope its OK to carry an auto-knife in GA. I've got three Boker autos in the mail coming my way.

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furious View Post
    I hope its OK to carry an auto-knife in GA. I've got three Boker autos in the mail coming my way.
    From what I can tell, it is legal as long as they are not concealed. This is based of the sections that make it illegal to conceal any defensive or offensive knives.

Feedback Score
    From what I can tell, it is legal as long as they are not concealed. This is based of the sections that make it illegal to conceal any defensive or offensive knives.
    Sounds good to me. The cool thing about the Boker is that it doesnt look much different than a regular folding knife.

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    Sounds good to me. The cool thing about the Boker is that it doesnt look much different than a regular folding knife.
    I own Benchmade 3500, 9050 (three...my favorite), and 9100 autos myself. I've considered the BM 3300 Infidel, but couldn't justify it as the blade really is just for stabbing (like my 3500, but more expensive). Which Boker do you own?

Feedback Score
    I own Benchmade 3500, 9050 (three...my favorite), and 9100 autos myself. I've considered the BM 3300 Infidel, but couldn't justify it as the blade really is just for stabbing (like my 3500, but more expensive). Which Boker do you own?
    I've got three of the Dark Earth colored Kalashnikovs coming in the mail. I got them on a trade from a knife dealer in N.C.
    Hes also got some KABAR USMC fighting knives but police dont like the Rambo look nowadays...lol.

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    I've got three of the Dark Earth colored Kalashnikovs coming in the mail. I got them on a trade from a knife dealer in N.C.
    Hes also got some KABAR USMC fighting knives but police dont like the Rambo look nowadays...lol.
    Ah, I've had my Marine Ka-Bar for 13 years now. It has been everywhere with me and is always my personal back-up when I'm deployed. Everyone looks at a guy with Ka-Bar on his hip with a look of both bemusement and fear.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123