Thread: LWRC ARM-R vs. Larue Handguards

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

LWRC ARM-R vs. Larue Handguards

If anyone has pictures of both rails which shows the differences in width I would love to see them.

I have a Larue 7.0 rail, and with Tango Down rail panels it is about perfect for width in my opinion. I'm thinking about picking up an ARM-R rail from LWRC because I would like to be able to access the barrel for cleaning and such, but I'm concerned they are going to be way to fat for my liking.

What do you guys think? How do you like the ARM-R rails? Are they solid and how do they feel in regards to size?

Thanks for any pics/info!

-Mike

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Mike if its any help I compared my LWRC ARM-R rail to my Samson MRFS-C rail and they are identical in size. Same width and heighth. Now IIRC the Samson is identical to the Troy MRFS-C so that kinda tells me that the Larue 7.0 that you have is probably the same size as the 3 mentioned above. The ARM-R is as good as my Samson, if not better. Both are very strong and lock up tight. Hope this helps!
    "The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun."
    - Patrick Henry

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=26775
    My feedback page.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks E9...that does help.

I really like the fact that with the ARM-R, I can access my barrel for cleaning/oiling, which I cannot do with the LT aside from putting oil on a hanger and sticking it down from the muzzle end.

This might be a mistake in the long run though, because if I get this rail, I will be even more tempted to just have LWRC do their piston conversion on the rifle...and that will set me back $750!

Man I wish I could just leave my rifles alone and not always want to change things on them =O)

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    I understand about all the changes. Everytime I take a pic of one of mine and post it on here or LWRC after a month or two I have to take a new pic cause everything looks totally different!
    The ARM-R rail is so normal compared to a POF Predator rail. I put a Predator rail on my BM/POF upper but it was heavier and so gigantus that it raised my rear sight a 1/4". The Predator rail did not cover the railed gas block so my front flip had to be a taller model. Anyway, I didn't like it and longed for a normal size rail system. I read on the other forum where a guy modified a Troy rail to fit over his BM/POF and that is how I discovered that the Troy, Samson, and LWRC were the same size. As a matter of fact, the ARM-R rail would not fit over the POF system either without modification. Here is a pic of my BM/POF w/Samson rail and the second pic is my LWRC.

"The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun."
    - Patrick Henry

My feedback page.

Feedback Score
    E98T, I have the Bushmaster gas piston/POF setup and I'm sick of waiting on Bushmaster to come up with something for a railed handguard. I asked them a few months ago and they said they're looking into a set that will work with both the ARES and the POF setups.

I don't want to remove the flash suppressor, gas block, barrel nut and all that to install, nor do I like the look of, the POF Predator. I would also like to avoid cutting off the delta ring. I'm wondering if the Troy MRF-DI would work after some good Dremeling without destroying the thing??

I bought a Daniel Defense Omega and as soon as I took it out of the box I knew it wasn't going to work.

G

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Sorry for just getting back here. I think it could be made to work; keep in mind I did not use a Dremel on mine but a hand grinder. Just be careful how much you take off on the inside and keep it even. You would be surprised how much grinding has to be done though. I'm telling you that the top of my rail is almost paper thin where it sits over the gas piston tube that the op rod and piston sit inside of. I just want you to know that and that it is not as easy as I thought it would be. But once I started butchering up a new Samson ff rail there was no turning back!
    - Patrick Henry

My feedback page.

Feedback Score
    I had the same issue. I was seeking a narrow rail with the ability to get into the gas system (i plan on getting the Ares kit...)

Hopefully these pics can help you decided how narrow it really is; probably not though

Look how narrow it is in comparison to my old YHM rail