Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR15 V. M16 Bolt Carrier

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    100% false disinformation. Colt 6920s, 6520s and 6721s (all semi-auto) come with full auto carriers as do some other brands.
    Thanks. Thats what I thought since my 6920 came with an M16 carrier.

But performances wise, barring full Auto, is there any performance difference between them?

Feedback Score
    Sorry, I seem to get a lot of wrong info from the dealers here.
    I'll just ask if what I was told is correct from now on.

Feedback Score
    I know you guys are the experts and I'm not doubting you are right, but it is confusing.
    I think it's pretty hard to interpret the law concerning the possesion of gun parts that are primarly used for machine guns.

This is from the NFA laws concerning the issue:

In general, even the components that make up an NFA item are considered regulated. For example, each baffle inside a silencer, if removed from the tube, is considered a silencer in and of itself. Thus, individuals cannot own any part of a silencer without registering it with the BATFE and paying NFA taxes. Likewise, owning the parts needed to assemble other NFA weapons is generally prohibited. A person cannot own machine gun trigger components unless he owns a registered machine gun. Owning both a short barrel and a legal-length rifle could be construed as intent to build an illegal unregistered SBR

The question is, if your in court, what's your explanation for having a full auto upper? Could this be construed as intent to build a machine gun?
    I have heard of people getting charged and prosecuted for weapons malfunctions that cause more than one round being fired.
    I think it was on CNN about a vet who was convicted. So, as HES asked what is the reason to have a M16 carrier in your semi-auto AR?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Using your logic:

Owning matches could mean that you're intending to be an arsonist. Are you planning on burning something down?

Your car probably has enough power for you to drive faster than the posted speed limits. Are you intending to speeding?

Since birth chances are that you have the same equipment as a prostitute. Are you intending to become a prostitute?

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12