Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ALG Defense Ergonomic Modular Rail (EMR)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Crappy pic, but figured I'd share a quick one with you guys. The end user gets a ton of bang for the buck on this rail.

edited....posted different pic below.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 01-08-14 at 15:28.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Great way to fight back at all the cheap utg-chi-com crap you see everywhere. Will probably be a good seller for OEM's. And it comes in purple ano!

Feedback Score
    That looks like a really nice set up and I really like the price.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I'd definitely go with this if I were wanting to stay around this price range. I really like the simplicity and feel of tubes without a full top rail. These are going to do really well.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The complete round tube feel combined with the thin diameter yields a really great feeling handguard for a thumb over grip.

Just testing a few various QD swivels with this rail, and to my great satisfaction....they were Limited Rotation QD sockets, and perfectly placed for my likes. That's a sweet little touch.

This rail is perfectly inline w/ ALG Defense's trigger line as well.

Posted via Geissele Facebook:

"A couple of comments about the EMR rail from questions and comments I have seen.

1. The barrel wrench and a couple of the first rails are purple. Purple is the ALG color.
    2. The barrel nut wrench automatically applies the proper torque and indexes the barrel nut at the same time. The kit come with this trick wrench and minimal shim kit.
    3. The rounded top rail is there to make an over the thumb grip more comfortable. No full length top rail as this is not a mil focused rail that requires a top rail (infrared aiming lasers, thermals, etc).
    4. The EMR's weight is reported with the stock barrel nut weight subtracted. This is to better compare to rails that clamp on to a stock barrel nut.
    5. Accessories like an M1913 side rail with integral QD mount and a dedicated bipod stud will be coming.
    6. Colors, lenghts and variations are intentionally limited to keep the production cost low. At this time there are 10" and 12" available. 13" coming soon. One additional short length will be designed once we figure out what is the most popular length for shorty carbines.
    7. The EMR is intended to open up a new market segment, geared to those shooters looking for an awesome square deal, not compete with uber rails like the Geissele SMR."
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 01-07-14 at 23:40.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    It looks like the ALG triggers, a great quality and value for the price. Maybe it’s because it’s new, but it looks like what I want for my next build. I really have nothing I want to mount on a 12 o’clock rail besides the front sight, and maybe the light. Hopefully I can snag one before it inevitably goes on back order.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Visit ALG Defense's facebook page for a sweet opportunity to win an ALG Defense rail/trigger pack. I think you just need to "Like" their page, "Like" the pic below, and then "Share" the pic below. Jan 13th @ 2pm is the end date.

https://www.facebook.com/AlgDefense

Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Can you say "hot cakes "?
    John

If you spend much time around the guys who really, really know their craft, and who truly live this stuff, you tend to find that they are very soft-spoken and modest -- almost to the extreme. To my mind, that is a model worthy of emulation

AC

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    It is great to have another great option on the market. The price point is great. That being said, If I want a cheap, simple lightweight rail, I will probably stick with the MI SS gen2 tubes. Specs show the MI is a little lighter and I actually like having a top pic rail.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Man I was going to pull the trigger on a Fortis Rev but I might have to wait. It just looks smooth. I like no rails on top except at the front for a sight and light. 13 inch will be awesome. American made American engineered American company. Sounds ike a winner. I just need to buy a barrel nut wrench to get the one off my midlength. Any recommendations for a one time use wrench? Thanks
    Last edited by sol1777; 01-08-14 at 13:48.

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast