Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FLIR Personal Thermal Imager for I-Phone 5

Feedback Score
    This is the view though one of my TAO2LED 4X ACOGs using the I-Phone adapter for the ACOG objective and looking through the FLIR T-60 thermal weapon sight at night at 175 yards in dense fog:

Here is a similar view through my FLIR T-70 at night:

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Neat idea for a toy but as fast as phones come & go I cant see it being worth it. Not to mention how well touch screens work in less than ideal environments when a thermal device would be useful.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What a lousy time to have signed a contract with a 4S. I wonder if they will adapt or come out with one that will work with the 4S?
    Marriage is a good institution, considering you're ready for one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    Neat idea for a toy but as fast as phones come & go I cant see it being worth it. Not to mention how well touch screens work in less than ideal environments when a thermal device would be useful.
    I purchased another 40 shares of FLIR this morning and up 15% at market close.

Their Personal Vision systems is also releasing a new consumer sporting goods (not their Government Systems Military Contract division where I got all my thermal weapons scopes from) thermal weapon scope base on the LE-64 law enforcement hand scanning device. Will scope this out at Shot Show next week...

Feedback Score
    In five days, FLIR is coming out with a new thermal weapon scope specifically designed for the consumer night hunting sporting goods crowd, not the military. It is 100% FLIR and made in the USA and should be absolutely dynomite:

http://flir.com/thermoSightR-Series/

Feedback Score
    Waaay too cool... In concept.

I'll be waiting for a few field reports. If this thing does what I think it might, I'll be getting one. The wife and I take our after supper walks bordering a golf course. It will be nice to peek out there and see what kind of critters or dirtbags are lurking around.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    Very cool. Keep in mind that even when you upgrade out of an iPhone 5 or 5s, this can still be used. The phone doesn't have to have active service in order to function.

Feedback Score
    Here is an excellent review of how it works:

http://blog.ivytools.com/2014/01/08/...frared-camera/

Feedback Score
    FLIR also has more expensive prototype iPhone thermal cases which make use of the larger (more expensive) Quark camera core, a tiny 0.75” cube with great resolution and low power requirements.

The FLIR Quark core is available in resolutions of 320 x 240 and 640 x 480, with a sensitivity of 0.05 ºC or 50 mK. The Quark can be configured with a wide variety of lenses, including 6.3mm, 9mm, 13mm, 14mm, 17mm, 19mm, 25mm, and a 35mm telephoto lens. Frame rates vary from a full 60 Hz down to an export ready 7.5 Hz.

The more expensive prototype iPhone infrared camera attachment has been exhibited with both a 9mm and a 13mm lens.

With the 9mm lens and 640 x 480 Quark core resolution, the prototype is able to detect a person at over 800 ft (250m).

But with the available 35mm lens, the sled has the potential to see a person at over 3000 ft (940m), or a warm vehicle at over a mile and a half away. The FLIR iPhone sled concept operates on a lower frame rate of 9 Hz to save power.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Didn't see anyone post this (maybe I missed it) any Android support eventually?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast