Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FLIR Personal Thermal Imager for I-Phone 5

Feedback Score
    Android coming later on this year, I-Phone is an easier platform to design for since only one model whilst many platform sizes for Android...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyPup View Post
    Android coming later on this year, I-Phone is an easier platform to design for since only one model whilst many platform sizes for Android...
    Got it.

LMK if you need LE T&E, this is seriously something I would use almost every day at work.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyPup View Post
    In five days, FLIR is coming out with a new thermal weapon scope specifically designed for the consumer night hunting sporting goods crowd, not the military. It is 100% FLIR and made in the USA and should be absolutely dynomite:

http://flir.com/thermoSightR-Series/
    Up periscope. Announcement has been made.
    ἰδέτωσαν, ἱστορησάτωσαν οἱ ἄνθρωποι ἄνθρωπον ἀληθινὸν κατὰ φύσινζῶντα.

Videant, cognoverunt hominis hominem verum secundum naturam suam viventem.

Let men see, let them know, a real man, who lives as he was meant to live.
    - Marcus Aurelius

Feedback Score
    FLIR Government Systems is working on finishing up the T-70 units contracted for the US Military and later on this coming Spring they will have an upgrade program for current T-70 users to upgrade their units to the T-75 working instrument via a new 100mm germanium lens system and new software (internal digital magnification of 1.0, 2.0 and 4.0 on the T-75 upgrade).

I was able to look through a working T-75 at the Shot Show at the FLIR Government Systems booth and after having used the T-70 quite a bit, I was very impressed with the increased range, resolution, and magnification of the T-75 unit with minimal loss of FOV with the big lens system.

Here they are side by side:

Here is the T-75 from the side:

And the monster long range front lens:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't if there's a practical/tactical use for it, but the cool factor is a 10/10. Me wants.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-18-14 at 18:29.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Got to play with the iPhone system at SHOT, I was incredibly impressed. I was expecting something of a toy/party favor, but was blown away by the quality and capabilities. Very, very cool.
    Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Feedback Score
    Looks cool. I bet this works better than the $2000 Ideal camera that we just bought at work that has less than 50x50 resolution.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Will be recieving soon. I haven't seen through it, but everything I have seen and read makes it perfect for what I want it to do.

I know I have seen an optic mount for the iPhone 5 here, but I cannot remember what it is called or who makes it. Anyone remember...
    "You cannot play fair with people who don't care if you get wiped off the map. You don't have to hate everyone who isn't part of your tribe, but it is foolish to keep caring about people who don't care about you."
    Speech at the second National Policy Institute conference, December 26, 2013.

See you soon, AC.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I predict a lot of rifles rigged up with smart phones in the not so distant future.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Kind of cute for what it is, but I don't play with little kid toys I'm guessing that resolution is going to be pretty bad past 50' or so. Neat idea though.

FLIR_crop.jpg
    "The only defense against violent evil people are good people who are more skilled at violence" - Rory Miller

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast