Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oakley boots

Feedback Score

Oakley boots

Im no longer beating the streets or doing EP but still wear boots 95% of the time and was looking at the Oakley SI boots-

http://oakley.com/pd/4299

And was wondering what the consensus is on these.

Also how do the sizes run, the same as my ICBs or are they sneaker/tennis shoe sized?

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

I love my Oakley boots for daily or plain clothes wear. They are sized slightly larger than Danners if that means anything to you. My 12.5 Oakleys fit about the same as size 13 Danner Acadias. If you qualify for the government program there are great deals on Oakley's government website.

https://usstandardissue.com/login.aspx

Just send them your creds and get approved. Good deals on boots, glasses, gloves and other cool Oakley gear.

Feedback Score
    I have a few pairs of the SI's, including the desert tan ones. I find the tan ones even more comfy than the blacks.

Not as durable for hard use as some others, but they are great medium duty boots(just my opinion of course, my version of 'medium' might be someones easy... ).

I highly recommend them for what you described.
    I AM a CanadianGunSlinger!!!!!!

Cede Nullis

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have the tennis shoe height Oakley's They run true to size for me.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    I have a pair if the tan ones and they are ok. I don't wear them anymore since I found high end trekking boots alot more comfortable and durable. YMMV

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Oakleys

The SI boots are nice. I would also highly recommend the Blackhawk Warriorwear Desert Ops boots. Meindl makes a mean desert boot as well.

http://www.armynnavy.com/catalog/cat...g_meindl_2.jpg
    "Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of lambs."

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The tan temperate models run true to size, are extremely comfortable, and hold up well. I'll be a repeat customer.

Chief

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had a pair in end of 04 through early 05 in Iraq, unless they have improved them; I will never buy a pair with my own money. The stitching came out of the heel area, the cool max lining wore out fast, they did not breathe.
    maybe they have been improved but I'm happier with a pair of ASolo Fugitives for less money.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have 4 pairs. I wore 2 out wearing them pretty much every day including PT. I have 1 pair of desert tan ones that are still in excellent shape. I do agree the desert ones hold up better than the black ones.

Heres my bitch.. The last pair I got came apart after less than 6 months. The cap around the toe on both boots developed large splits where your foot hinges on each side. I called Oakley and told them what happened. They will not warranty them because I do not have the original reciept. We got them on a PD purchase order ( I dont work for the PD who purchased them.. my buddy does ). They pretty much told me if I send them back with no reciept.. they will box em back up and do nothing about it which pisses me off. I understand what they are saying.. but still.. the boots came apart and they wont fix it.

After this we got a deal thru work to get the Blackhawk boots.. they are very comfortable to wear and walk in all day. We had several officers who had these boots come apart as well.. Blackhawk warrantied them.. no questions asked. We had new boots in 2 weeks from the day we called.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    $200 dollar boots that come apart after 6 months and no warranty?

Guess I'm never buying Oakley boots.

Sorry but that's just absurd. The receipt excuse is horse phuckey.

Buy 10 pairs of Israeli desert boots for the same money...if one comes apart...
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast