Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oakley boots

Feedback Score
    Wow, this thread has its pros and cons but I need something comfy to wear. Anybody ever wore the Converse boots?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Furious View Post
    Wow, this thread has its pros and cons but I need something comfy to wear. Anybody ever wore the Converse boots?
    My BIL loves them, he had a pair in Iraq and wore them every chance he got, but that was only when they were outside the wire due to Fobbits cracking down since they werent issued by the Marine Corp

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The guys I knew who wore them had somewhat mixed results. Most of tehm not lasting very long. Afew months of foot and vehicle LE type patrolling.

Bob

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    My pair I got in late '04 if I remember right. They're very comfortable boots but they literally fell apart. Mine were Desert tan made in China.

This thread caught my attention because on another forum a couple years back Pinco Palla posted a comment about one of his friends pair of Oakleys falling apart after a few weeks and he got tore up by some of the board members there.

I figured he probably knew what he was talking about. My experience mirrored his and now this thread pretty much confirms it.

Feedback Score

Oakley Boots

Shooting buddy of mine (who uses them only at matches) experienced the stitching ripping out on them in short order.

Based on that, I do not see them lasting long in a field environment.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I wore some Chuck high tops to a class.

They performed great.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123