Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: If you had to construct a Revolver battery, what would you do?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailer View Post
    What do you mean *create*? You young folks with those new-fangled bottom feeders.
    +1! (although, i am for this purpose, a young person!)
    S&W 329pd 4in with X frame grip.
    S&W 627 4in 357 Mag 8 Times
    Colt Trooper 4in and Anaconda 6in

Feedback Score
    I have a bunch of revolvers, most being 44 mags, as I am a bit of a .44 nut and into long range handgunning.

These two would be in the basic battery, custom 5" Model 29-2 (which is my idea of a perfect .44 N Frame). The 5" N Frame is the perfect compromise (in my experience and opinion) between an easy packing 4" and an easy shooting 6.5". While I shoot my 6.5" 29-2 the best, the 5" seems to be the perfect balance between packing and shooting.

The 5" 29 also would serve admirably as a home defense choice. Not too many people or animals are going to take a center punch from it and have much fight left in them for long.

The Ruger Redhawk is my little Tank. Capable of handling any nuclear load I choose to shoot through it. My wrists will give out long before this hell for stout piece will.

The J Frame centennial snubby is my daily BUG at work and is still a top contender for pocket gun in spite of new offerings.

I casually talk with many unknown people at work with my left hand in my left front pocket. What they are unaware of is that I have a full firing grip on the j frame... once I determine that they are not a threat, I just slide the hand out of the pocket and conduct business.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

Feedback Score
    The 4" 44 magnum also makes a great small game hunting gun when loaded properly:

As does a 6" K frame .22. This one is "minute of a rabbit's head" at a pretty fair distance:

It has fed me while in the mountains more than once..

Feedback Score
    Of course the 5" Classic model 29 is also quite capable of head shots as well.......

Can't leave out single actions..

This is a 7.5" 3 screw Flattop Blackhawk .44 mag

Feedback Score
    S&W bodyguard in .38 with Insight technologies laser.
    S&W model 10 in .38
    Ruger Superblackhawk in .44 magnum
    That's what I've got so I will have to make do.
    USMC VETERAN
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Proelium Comminos Auctoritate

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    If you woke up tomorrow and all your semi-autos were gone and you couldn't get them back and had to create a handgun "battery" to cover all the things that you currently like/want to do but with revolvers. What would you get? Preferably models readily available on the new/used market. Not some ultra rare collectors item. Please feel free to use these categories or just make up your own if you prefer.

Home Defense-
    CCW-
    Target practice/training-
    Shooting games-
    Hunting-
    Fun-
    Other-

Thanks for playing.
    5" pre lock 625 .45 acp with Fed HST for primary home defense.
    3" pre lock 625 .45 acp with Fed HST or a K-frame 2"-3" in .357. L-frame snub is also possible. These are for ccw.
    4" pre lock 686 for target practice/training and a back up to the 625
    929 (8 shot in 9mm) for competition
    Magnum Research BFR/Redhawk/Super Redhawk/Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter in.44 mag or.454 casull for hunting and silhouette
    Pre-lock 610 or 627 8 shot for fun
    Korth or Manurhin for my other revo

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Smith 25 in .45acp
    Smith 18
    Smith 629-3 Classic
    Only thing I need to add to my current battery is a .38 snubby and a K frame .357 magnum.

Feedback Score
    Ruger Single Six Convertible for the ability to swap between .22LR & .22 mag. Also being single action, your ammo supply lasts a lot longer when plinking.
    Smith 442 or 642 (no lock) with crimson trace LG405
    Ruger SP101 3"
    Smith or Ruger 6" .357. Because in my state 6" minimum for handguns used for deer.
    2 .44mags. One single action for hunting (6-8inch) and one double action 4 inch for carry in "bear country".

2 sets of reloading dies (.38/.357 and .44) and a couple bullet molds for each caliber (I prefer the Keith style projectiles).
    Last edited by LD3006; 12-25-14 at 08:17. Reason: add some reasons for my choices

Feedback Score

What I'd get?

I am a revolver shooter. I have more than I need but in the gravest extreme, the last photo all the way down.

This one is my range gun, it is a fine shooter.

Feedback Score
    Nice but not my favorite.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast